Brewer Fanatic

Wang's contract selected; Guerra optioned to AAA

wei-chung wang has two minor league options remaining. important to note that if he spends less than 20 days optioned to the minor leagues in 2017, he will not burn his second option.

will be interesting to see how long wang stays on the 25-man or the major league disabled list (if necessary) before rosters can expand in september.

wang will also be pleased to see that an entirely separate thread with his name in the topic title was created on this forum to discuss his addition to the club's 40-man roster.

hope junior can get it sorted out in AAA, does this mean Hader gets his next turn in the rotation?

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

hope junior can get it sorted out in AAA, does this mean Hader gets his next turn in the rotation?

No, Stearns made it very clear last night on the TV broadcast that hader is a reliever this year..period. I'd imagine in the middle of a pennant race, they will just call up Woodruff or something..doesn't seem smart, but I don't see a trade on the horizon either.

Assuming Garza has a minimum stay on the DL, they need a 5th starter on August 5th and 10th, then not again until the 22nd, with all the days off. Hopefully, Anderson will be ready by the 22nd.

I think Guerra is still hurt.

And if not hurt... the injury threw off his mechanics and he hasn't got them back. Either way something is wrong.

Not at all broken up about it. Nelson is legit... Anderson legit... davies has been a 3.68 era since april 25. Suter... stunned but he's earned a spot...garza is a solid 5 this year... woodruff on the horizon.

Hoping guerra can get right and take espino's junk long man spot in the pen.

Hader a leverage long/weapon arm

Guerra a innings eater long

Shapes up real well for keeping the pen fresh next year.

On the broadcast they said Wang's velocity was up. Seeing as he was throwing 94 and touching 96 in 2014, does that mean he's upper 90's? Or is that because there were reports he was throwing around 90 last year in the minors?

depending on how things shake out with the scheduled doubleheaders next week in iowa, junior guerra may only have one more turn in the rotation before he burns his final option. the brewers may be planning on recalling guerra next week just to preserve his option for 2018.

Archived