Brewer Fanatic

2017-07-30: Cubs (Lackey) at Brewers (Davies) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-2]

hawing
Pitch 4... strike 3... machines!!!!

Congratz ump... you win

Is it necessary to make a post about every perceived incorrect pitch called?

Only the important ones... ump set up a big inning squeezing davies on bryant. Did it again here. People post to blast barnes... in this example tgats obtuse cuz the hr is on the ump

5 posts screaming at barnes... pop out k k k inning.

My post has more merit than the screaming at barnes.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barnes since the All Star Break just hasn't been great. Giving up runs in four straight appearances has now made his stats even worse.

Barnes is probably where he needs to be in the bullpen: 6th/7th innings when the team is trailing. Unless he can turn around, he can take the Torres role next year when the bullpen is reworked in the offseason.

Getting to that point where Kirk is going to find himself some playing time.

You'd literally be the only one who wants that

No, I want Brinson or Phillips to take command of the position. But if they're not going to get any production from those guys, Counsell probably won't hesitate to put Kirk out there.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Getting to that point where Kirk is going to find himself some playing time.

You'd literally be the only one who wants that

No, I want Brinson or Phillips to take command of the position. But if they're not going to get any production from those guys, Counsell probably won't hesitate to put Kirk out there.

They'll just go back to Broxton if thst happens. Kirk is just a placeholder.

This one wouldn't hurt so bad if the offense didn't utterly choke it away yesterday.

I said before the series I think they need to take 2 of 3 or better, or the Cubs are going to start running away with the division. So that's exactly what I expect to happen if they don't rally here.

Arcia probably trying to hit a two run dinger with no one on base.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Serious question... When did our horrible relief pitching start going down hill? It hasn't been all year has it?

June wasn't too good. July has been worse. Post All Star Break has been dreadful.

Scroll down to see some of the splits here:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/split.cgi?t=p&team=MIL&year=2017

Lowlights include a 2-6 record, 6.57 ERA, 1.824 WHIP for the bullpen since the ASB, not counting today.

Archived