Brewer Fanatic

2017-07-29: Cubs (Hendricks) at Brewers (Guerra) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 2-1, 11 innings]

hawing
Woodruff has a CS rehab start again tonight. Especially with his starts lining up with Guerra's, I think you have to get him up in Milwaukee for his next start and either send Guerra down or find a way to DL him.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator

Is that the first time in MLB history that the pitcher been pinch-hit for in his first AB while holding the opponent scoreless? (excluding injuries)

Glad to see that CC recognizes the importance of this series.

Sogard has turned back into the pumpkin he is. Play Villar and hope the talent overrides the brain.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I wonder if Guerra is really as bad as he seems, or if, for some reason, he is still not fully recovered from his injury.

I wonder that, too, but also wonder how much more time he needs? If this team weren't competing, it might be a 'meh, whatever' situation; but, now, I'm not sure they're going to have that patience.

I wonder if Guerra is really as bad as he seems, or if, for some reason, he is still not fully recovered from his injury.

I wonder that, too, but also wonder how much more time he needs? If this team weren't competing, it might be a 'meh, whatever' situation; but, now, I'm not sure they're going to have that patience.

I think it is too late for Junior Guerra. Garza is coming back not to mention they are still actively searching the starting pitcher market. If he somehow survives all that Anderson will be the nail in the 2017 Guerra coffin.

2nd pathetic AB from brinson. Not shown a good eye in his time in MLB.

When he hit HRs in back to back games I was really hoping he was starting to come out. Unfortunately, it's been back to the same.

I think he's going to be a very good player but at this point if we are still in a race in 2 weeks, I'd give Brinson til that point to get something going and if he's still looking this bad, I'd go back to Broxton, who is going to be just as bad at his low points but at least will also have moments where he'll carry you.

This offense simply needs to do better. 3 runs in a game and a half in a huge series is not going to cut it.

Without looking at all the scores since the All-Star break, if my memory serves, it seems that the bats have been more of a problem than the pitching during this slump (well, at least more of a problem than the starting pitching - relievers have been pretty bad).

The 3-2 pitch to Rizzo was fine, the 2-1 pitch was questionable.

According to MLB Gameday, Hader threw 4 strikes to Rizzo

Yeah, strike two looked good - it just missed the catcher's target.

Archived