Brewer Fanatic

Peralta DFA'd; Nieuwenhuis' contract selected

about time, I guess. Still, it's disappointing that Wily just couldn't get over that hump.

I gotta think someone will claim him, right?

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Kirk is just temporary, I'd rather see him in the OF instead of Perez

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

about time, I guess. Still, it's disappointing that Wily just couldn't get over that hump.

I gotta think someone will claim him, right?

No, because if they claim him they'd have to pay the rest of his $4M+ contract.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Kirk is just temporary, I'd rather see him in the OF instead of Perez

It had better be really, really temporary. Even if it is, if I'm Kyle Wren, I'm pretty pissed, and rightfully so. Kirk has done absolutely nothing to earn a promotion back. We're talking about a league where Ivan DeJesus has a .918 OPS and Kirk still can't hit there.

Now comes the big question (as its very unlikely someone would trade for or put in a claim for Free Wily) - will the Crew try to retain Peralta in the minors??

Why not? Doesn't really hurt anything to keep him the remainder of the year.

Now comes the big question (as its very unlikely someone would trade for or put in a claim for Free Wily) - will the Crew try to retain Peralta in the minors??

Pretty easy to outright him to AAA as he will clear waivers and is already a sunk cost, so I'm guessing that's what they will do.

Broxton can return any day, Phillips too. Meanwhile, Brinson is pretty firmly in CF and Perez can also cover at any time.

I just don't get it at all, what in the world was the point of bringing back Kirk Nieuwenhuis?

Broxton can return any day, Phillips too. Meanwhile, Brinson is pretty firmly in CF and Perez can also cover at any time.

I just don't get it at all, what in the world was the point of bringing back Kirk Nieuwenhuis?

I think they want the lefty OF bat. The other option would have been Kyle Wren. Kirk has MLB experience and has had a nice time at Miller Park. I would guess if Phillips is still here come August he gets his job back of going back and forth when needed.

I think they want the lefty OF bat. The other option would have been Kyle Wren. Kirk has MLB experience and has had a nice time at Miller Park. I would guess if Phillips is still here come August he gets his job back of going back and forth when needed.

I'm really not that high on Kyle Wren, but if he's quietly steaming, I wouldn't blame him. He far has outperformed Nieuwenhuis at the same level and probably deserved a crack.

You're also adding a guy who strikes out at a Broxton rate to a team with already a ton of high K guys, where as Wren would at least have offered a different dimension.

It's nothing but a familiarity move, and while I realize sometimes you need to look beyond the numbers, I think there are times that you need to reward the guy who is doimg the better job and give him his first shot. It can be very discouraging to some of them if you're consistently sending the message that performance doesn't matter.

Pretty easy to outright him to AAA as he will clear waivers and is already a sunk cost, so I'm guessing that's what they will do.

I think its better to completely move on..

Every opportunity he pitches in the rotation or bullpen (in MLB or MiLB) is 1 less for a prospect to develop or show what they could do..

I'd rather the chances go to others..

if a player spends more than 20 days optioned to the minor leagues in a single season, he burns a minor league option.

when it's so close to being able to have expanded rosters in september, why risk burning an option for a player like kyle wren if he needs to be sent down between now and 1 september?

kirk nieuwenhuis is a stopgap until keon broxton or brett phillips can be recalled. i'll be shocked if he's on the major league roster in the second week of august.

Don't understand bringing up Nieuwenhuis over Wren, Phillips or Broxton.

unless replacing an injured player, an optioned player has to stay down for at least 10 days. that explains phillips and broxton. see the post above for wren.

Don't understand bringing up Nieuwenhuis over Wren, Phillips or Broxton. What has he shown over the last 18 months????

Can't bring up Broxton or Phillips due to sending them down in the last 10 days. I think it is important to note how sporadic and how limitted the ABs will be. I will take my chances with the guy with MLB experience. Kyle Wren likely to be a dumpster fire in the few random ABs he will get before Phillips(my educated guess) gets called up or Keon Broxton.

Don't understand bringing up Nieuwenhuis over Wren, Phillips or Broxton. What has he shown over the last 18 months????

Can't bring up Broxton or Phillips due to sending them down in the last 10 days. I think it is important to note how sporadic and how limitted the ABs will be. I will take my chances with the guy with MLB experience. Kyle Wren likely to be a dumpster fire in the few random ABs he will get before Phillips(my educated guess) gets called up or Keon Broxton.

Dumpster fire? That pretty well sums up Nieuwenhuis' entire 2017 season, majors and minors. I just don't get the lack of respect for any player in the system not acquired by the boy genius. Brewers gave away Cooper. Wren has fanned 51 times in 405 minor league PA. Nieuwenhuis has fanned 54 times in less than half that many PA at AAA.

Only justifiable reason is the Brewers are close to acquiring a better quality experienced LH hitting CF and need a fill in for a couple days. Then after that guy is acquired they can simply DFA Nieuwnhuis again. Why was Phillips sent down to begin with anyway? He could have split time with Brinson.

Have to wonder if Villar's days with Brewers are just about up. Bringing up an extra OF could mean the intent is to platoon Perez and Sogard at 2B.

Archived