Trade with the Red Sox

Red Sox get:

RHP Zach Davies

SS/3B Gilbert Lara

Brewers get:

3B/2B Michael Chavis

1B Josh Ockimey

LHP Jalen Beeks

What is the motivation to get rid of a guy who is helping us now for relatively lower ceiling prospects who may or may not help us in the future?

Is this all in response to Suters performance? It was nice, but I sure wouldn't count on that moving forward. And given the fact that Hader is the only guy who seems capable of going multiple innings, what's the worst case scenario? We use Davies/Suter out of the pen when Anderson comes back?

We have a lot of guys who could pitch in Milwaukee next year like Burnes, Woodruff, Hader and others, but it's just as likely that they struggle next year and take a while to find their footing as big league starters.

If it's June next year and Woodruff has shown he can pitch well and Burnes is AAA tearing it up, I'd be alright with a trade then. Making one now when we need pitching depth would just be a baffling move to me.

Archived