Brewer Fanatic

2017-07-28: Cubs (Quintana) at Brewers (Suter) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 2-1]

hawing
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Suter's been very good. Only 82 pitches to get through 7 is impressive. If the rotation is healthy we're in good shape there; just have to deal with the dumpster fire of a pen.

He's done well this entire month. He had a 1.96 ERA before this start. Went 7 scoreless.

I knew he'd be a rotation asset, maybe even top of rotation-ish. The numbers from 2015 and 2016 pointed that way... but this month has been awesome. When Chase Anderson gets back, maybe someone else leaves the rotation. Guerra, perhaps? Suter's giving the Crew a chance to win every time he takes the mound.

Suter's been very good. Only 82 pitches to get through 7 is impressive. If the rotation is healthy we're in good shape there; just have to deal with the dumpster fire of a pen.

He's done well this entire month. He had a 1.96 ERA before this start. Went 7 scoreless.

I knew he'd be a rotation asset, maybe even top of rotation-ish.

Suter has definitely nailed down the Anderson spot in the rotation, which could have turned into a black hole during this DL stint. Don't know if Suter is top of rotation quality, but I'd be plenty happy if he becomes this generation's Jamie Moyer.

Schwarber is the last guy I want to see at the plate here.

No, Schwarber is one of the first guys you'll want to see there. Can't touch the high heat to save his life.

Rock, as always, wanted a pitch in the dirt to Schwarber. Brilliant idea, Bill, especially with a runner on 3rd in a 1 run game. Thankfully, high heat is what was brought instead.

I knew he'd be a rotation asset, maybe even top of rotation-ish. The numbers from 2015 and 2016 pointed that way... but this month has been awesome. When Chase Anderson gets back, maybe someone else leaves the rotation. Guerra, perhaps? Suter's giving the Crew a chance to win every time he takes the mound.

My wife is a huge Suter fan, not because of his recent success but because he can get a game over with in under 3 hours :laughing .

Suter has definitely nailed down the Anderson spot in the rotation, which could have turned into a black hole during this DL stint. Don't know if Suter is top of rotation quality, but I'd be plenty happy if he becomes this generation's Jamie Moyer.

The more work he gets as a starter, I think he'll be able to get folks out the third time they see him. Just a matter of getting stretched out, and figuring out the hitters.

Great win! Good to feel positive after a game again.

Given some of the posts I have seen around here in the past, part of me is surprised there is no "How much can we flip Suter for at the deadline?" thread yet, lol.

How about a poor man's Mark Buehrle?

How about a poor man's Mark Buehrle?

This month, Suter's been a lefty version of Greg Maddux.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Schwarber is the last guy I want to see at the plate here.

No, Schwarber is one of the first guys you'll want to see there. Can't touch the high heat to save his life.

Rock, as always, wanted a pitch in the dirt to Schwarber. Brilliant idea, Bill, especially with a runner on 3rd in a 1 run game. Thankfully, high heat is what was brought instead.

No surprise that Schroeder would say something this dumb. Listening to the game with my wife and neighbor outside (good lord what a beautiful night) both me and the neighbor said "high heat, don't throw the curve in the dirt with that man on third!"

And yet Schroeder, the former player, doesn't get this..... *sigh*

Not only is the curveball dumb there because of the runner on 3rd, Knebel has been hanging some lately and it's a lot easier to crush a curveball in a bad location than it is to crush a 97 mph fastball. He hangs the curveball and there's a decent chance Schwarber crushes one 450 feet. He misses with a fastball, he might still crush it but at least there's a decent chance that the velocity will be too much and he'll just pop it up or miss it outright.

And I'd also like to mention how dumb Kris Bryant was on that second Brewers run. Bases loaded, nobody out and a ground ball right to him with the pitcher on deck. That's the kind of play you dream about going to home with and instead he goes to 2nd. He gets that out at home (and maybe at 1st) and you have the pitcher coming up (unlikely Counsell takes Suter out in the 4th) with a chance to get another out via a strikeout or groundout and then a chance to get out of the inning with no runs scored.

Could not believe he didn't throw home there. Completely mind boggling.

That was the Cubs being extremely confident that they'd eventually score a bunch of runs against the soft-tosser.

Could not believe he didn't throw home there. Completely mind boggling.

That was the Cubs being extremely confident that they'd eventually score a bunch of runs against the soft-tosser.

Don't disagree, but that was a pretty dumb attitude. He made them look foolish last night.

Archived