Brewer Fanatic

What would the Brewers look like?

OnaBadger58

What would the Brewers look like if they were never in contention this year (assuming the same individual stats)?

-Would Hader, Woodruff, and/or Jungmann be in the rotation?

-Who would have had a better chance of seeing the majors (such as Dubon, T. Williams, Susac, Cordell, & Peralta)?

-Who would be on the trade block?

-Would Brinson and Phillips be seeing regular playing time?

-Is there anything else that may have been different?

Honestly, I'm not sure how much would be that different. They have a pretty controlled roster that has some talent. If only their record was different I could see Thames being on the trade block and Garza would likely have been moved already. Other than that, guys like Broxton and Villar haven't performed well enough for anybody to have interest. Maybe Perez would've been dealt.

I don't believe Hader would be in the bullpen. He probably would've cracked the rotation at this point. They tried to get Woodruff into the rotation but he got hurt. I don't think Brinson would've been up any sooner. Broxton played well enough either way and they likely would've wanted to try to have him build value; same with Villar.

they may have given neftali feliz a longer leash to see if he could turn things around and build value.

stephen vogt would not have been claimed.

ryan cordell not traded.

Not sure about those last two. I think maybe those would have happened though maybe Cordell with a different aim. They have to clear some of this Rule 5 chaff somehow.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Archived