Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Thursday 7/27

Your top middle infield prospect is on base 5 times with a home run and a double and it’s hardly noteworthy. Hey, Toledo is 12 games under and New Orleans sits 24 games under... would have been nice.

Not quite sure I understand the context of your post, but MiLB.com did grab comments from Colorado Springs hitting coach Al LeBoeuf as part of a feature article with additional video --

Dubon scores career-high five runs for Sky Sox

Brewers No. 9 prospect reaches base in all six plate appearances

By Alex Kraft / MiLB.com

Just frustrated. Dubon did something in most contexts that should be considered outstanding and raise his status and value, but given the context of 6000 feet above sea level, we have no idea how to analyze it or if it means anything for his future prospects with the Brewers. Nor do we have any idea how it fits into his development progression.

I wouldn't worry about Dubon all that much. I think with Sogard gone next season he is probably in the mix to fill that role for now. I think Hiura is going to move quickly and ultimately bet he 2B of the future but I can totally see Dubon getting some reps in the OF and at 3B and becoming a super sub type player getting 5 or so starts a week.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Shuckers can't solve McGuire in second straight loss to Wahoos

Blake Allemand smacked his fourth Biloxi home run in the loss

By Biloxi Shuckers

IMG_6041_5ylnr6b6_8qt8umk1.JPG

Blake Allemand hit his fourth home run during the first inning on Thursday night (Hunter Reed)

Biloxi Shuckers Box Score

Quick Summary:

The weather wan't pretty and Corbin Burnes looked much the same. Burnes went two innings while giving up four earned runs. On the opposite side of the field Pensacola starter Deck McGuire had the Shucker's offense lost for seven innings. His only blemish was a Blake Allemand homerun in the first. The Shucker's offense only managed one other hit in the game, a Troy Stoke Jr. single. The Shucker's dropped the game 5-1.

Pitching Summary:

On the mound, Corbin Burnes (2.0 IP, 5 H, 4 ER, 1 BB, 1 K) started the game while Hiram Burgos (3.2 IP, 3 H, R, 0 ER, BB, 5 K), Travis Hissong (1.1 IP, 3 K) Josh Uhen (1.0, K) provided the relief.

Hitting Summary:

Troy Stoke Jr. (1-4)

Blake Allemand (1-4, R, RBI, HR)

Biloxi Shuckers Game Log

Blake Allemand hits 4th homer of the year.

Biloxi Top of the 1st

Johnny Davis grounds out to first baseman Gavin LaValley.

Troy Stokes flies out to right fielder Aristides Aquino.

Blake Allemand homers (4) on a fly ball to right center field.

Jacob Nottingham strikes out swinging.

I think it is a fair point to have regarding Dubon. He has gone from a 689 OPS in AA to a 840 OPS in AAA and has already doubled the home run total he had in AA. Kind of did the same thing last year though when he went from high A to AA. Looking forward to next year and seeing if he can provide more offense at the big league level than Rivera has been able to show.

Dubon's wRC+ is 113, which is obviously good, but also shows that the 840 OPS is inflated. So far he's not as good as he was last year at the plate.

Something I hadn't noticed before - Dubon has a remarkably consistent BABIP throughout his career. Except for his breakout in AA last year, his BABIP has always been +/- .013 from .330.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

The Biloxi game summary included this as to why Corbin Burnes' exit was even earlier than one would like to see:

Burnes (L, 3-3) struggled for the second consecutive start, allowing four runs in the second inning on a two-run home run from Aristedes Aquino and back-to-back two-out hits from Blake Trahan and Gabriel Guerrero. Though the righty took his at-bat in the top of the third, an earlier slip on the wet infield grass prompted the Shuckers to remove him after two frames for precautionary reasons. Pensacola (17-16, 57-46) led 4-1 after two innings.

AZL Brewers 5, AZL Royals 3

AZL Brewers Boxscore

Brewers maintain a tie for first place with the white-hot AZL Dodgers. The game saw two pro debuts for the Brewers: 16th round prep RHP Justin Bullock started the game and was relieved by 23rd round prep RHP Cam Robinson. 11th rounder Max Lazar pitched the third and fourth innings, making his second pro appearance.

Puerto Rican lefty Wilfred Salaman pitched the fifth through seventh innings and picked off his ninth baserunner of the year. NDFA Gabe Friese ran his career opening 0.00 ERA to 16 innings.

Tristen Lutz was the only Brewer with more than one hit - he logged a single and a double. Through 54 PAs as a pro, Lutz has a 1.016 OPS - not bad.

Jesus Lujano stole his league-leading 15th and 16th bases of the season. Julian Jarrard had a double and Rob Henry had a triple for their lone hits.

AZL Brewers Game Log

Archived