Brewer Fanatic

Blazek Pitching

lynchp

the brewers record had been four prior to today.

mike caldwell gave up four homers in the 4th inning at boston on 31 may 1980.

dave bush gave up four homers in the 4th inning at miller park on 11 august 2010.

Fun (mostly unverified) facts from Twitter...

Russ Gardiner‏ @CharlieRGa 5m5 minutes ago

Michael Blazek is the first MLB pitcher to allow 6 home runs in 1 game since James Shields on August 7, 2010.

Justin Havens‏ @jayhaykid

Michael Blazek is the 1st pitcher since George Caster on Sept. 24, 1940 to allow 6 home runs in less than 3 IP.

Joe Trezza‏Verified account @JoeTrezz 3m3 minutes ago

OMG actually check that. Caster did NOT start that game, making Blazek is the 1st starter in MLB history to allow 6 HR in fewer than 3 IP.

Kevin T‏ @KevinTreichel 9m9 minutes ago

BREAKING: Michael Blazek named Century 21 Home Run Derby pitcher for 2018 at Nationals Park.

Aaron J. Lopez‏ @AaronLopez 3m3 minutes ago

If Baseball Almanac is up-to-date, Michael Blazek is 10th player in MLB history to allow at least 6 HRs in a game. #MLB

Michael Sweeney‏ @mtsw 7m7 minutes ago

Michael Blazek just set an all time MLB record for most HR allowed in an inning. http://www.baseball-almanac.com/recbooks/home_runs_allowed_records.shtml

time will tell what this thread's title should become. it should not include blazek, though. this should focus on the team's record.

the brewers' record for most home runs allowed in a game is 8 . . . last done in 2002 at miller park vs. the dodgers and in 1997 at county stadium vs. the indians.

time will tell what this thread's title should become. it should not include blazek, though. this should focus on the team's record.

the brewers' record for most home runs allowed in a game is 8 . . . last done in 2002 at miller park vs. the dodgers and in 1997 at county stadium vs. the indians.

Was that the dodgers game when green hit four home runs? Trying to remember

Was that the dodgers game when green hit four home runs? Trying to remember

yes, four of green's six hits were homers. 23 may 2002.

I wonder if Augustine will bring up his start from August 5, 1979 when he allowed 6 runs in 2 innings of a 19-5 loss in the 2nd game of a doubleheader vs. the Red Sox, a doubleheader at County Stadium where the Brewers were swept by the combined score of 26-7. I was there. Talk about a contrast to the prior week when the Brewers were finishing off a sweep of the Yankees.

DFA Peralta, send Down Blazek, bring up Jungmann, and either Wang or Wilkerson.

To bad stretch Hader back out isn't an option they seem to be interested in.

What a joke today is.

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Peralta has to be done after this, right? Blazek should still have a decent future, but I don't want to see Peralta in a Brewers uniform any more.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Peralta has to be done after this, right? Blazek should still have a decent future, but I don't want to see Peralta in a Brewers uniform any more.

Wily has been given a long enough leash. I am thinking, after his "injury", this was his his time to showcase if he brings any value to this team. That question has been answered.

Any pitch Peralta threw near the zone was pounded. His 2 strikeouts were gifts by guys swinging from their shoes at everything. There is no way he should be on this team anymore. Even if we were in last place he has no business pitching in the majors anymore. If he's still on the roster come tomorrow night, you've got to question what the heck management is thinking.

Stearns loves Peralta. Counsell loves Peralta. Arnold loves Peralta. Funny how Feliz had a shorter leash than Peralta but actually pitched better than Peralta...not much better but better.

When they come from your farm system, they tend to get a longer leash. Also, Wily was awesome the second half of last year when he got called back up. Switching to the pen is different, so I'm sure he was given even more time. I would say that more time is up for Wily. At the very least, he needs a change of scenerary.

I'd honestly be kinda surprised if they weren't DFA'ing Peralta today. His time is up.

Bring up Espino and Wang and see what they can do. Espino is certainly a much better option than Peralta for the long man, and Wang can fill in for Blazek for a while.

I thought they might bring up Wang but then see that they didn't pitch Espino last night and still pitched Wang 1+ innings. Therefore I imagine Espino is up but don't know if they make a second move.

Archived