Brewer Fanatic

2017-07-27: Brewers (Blazek) at Nationals (Scherzer) 11:05 AM CDT [Brewers lose, 15-2. Not a typo]

hawing
Might as well have some fun.

Homemade, totally illogical odds on which position player pitches:

Pina 2-1

Perez 3-1

Bandy 5-1

Villar 10-1

Arcia 15-1

Sogard 25-1 (he's gritty)

Thames 40-1

Santana 45-1

Aguilar 50-1

Brinson 250-1

Shaw 500-1

Braun 1000-1

Awesome post.

I hate to be the Devil's advocate always, but I feel that Jesus Aguilar's odds are too high.

I'm thinking 10,000,000 to 1.

Carry on.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Verified Member

Blazek is a young minor leaguer. Peralta is garbage. He can't even get the pitcher out.

Is this game going to set a record for the most winning runs scored in a MLB game?

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Maybe I'm just feeling a bit emotional, but why shouldn't a Nat wear one for Lind stealing in a 8-0 game?

I'd say just about any other team, yes. But since Yost the Brewers pretty much let every team do whatever they want to them.

Really? I have no problem with it. It (was) the 3rd inning. Play the game. We blew a 8-1 lead late like 4 days ago and the Nats have about the worst pen in the league. If they want to pile it on and we can't stop them, more power to them. Would you feel comfortable with a 8-0 lead in the 3rd with our pen?

Me either. I have a bigger problem with our defense allowing Lind to steal. Shows a lack of concentration and focus even when you are losing badly. I'd be ashamed if I was one of the pitcher/catcher that allowed it. With Lind stealing its like the Nationals were trying to give us an easy out, but we just blew it.

In the old days, guys would get knocked down in games like this, like the game after Joe Adcock hit 4 HR and a double in Brooklyn, then was beaned his first time up the next game.

This isn't the old days. That kind of stuff was stupid.

Ah but the brawls between the old Braves and Dodgers were epic and the hitters weren't as comfortable either.

Me either. I have a bigger problem with our defense allowing Lind to steal. Shows a lack of concentration and focus even when you are losing badly. I'd be ashamed if I was one of the pitcher/catcher that allowed it. With Lind stealing its like the Nationals were trying to give us an easy out, but we just blew it.

I would assume that the coaching staff told Thames not to hold him on.

I want to put the gif of Kevin Bacon from Animal House saying "all is well" as he's about to be trampled. I Guess I'm not tech savvy enough to do that. But I think it would fit pretty well for the old Brew Crew right now.

giphy.gif

Haha. Yeah, I just want Aguilar to pitch. 50-1 is wishful thinking.

I think it should be Perez pitching. Move him all around the diamond these last five innings and make him like the nine positions in one day guy. I think that would inject some levity and why not grab a small piece of baseball history. It doesn't matter at this point, right? So let's have fun and let Perez run around the diamond. It's better than beaning someone...although, yes, Harper is tempting. Trying to ensure better angels prevail...

I vote for throwing at Harper instead of Lind.

No reason necessary.

No explanation needed.

I can't stand Harper, but doing it right now to me would just reek of sour grapes and frustration because we're getting our butts kicked.

No reason necessary.

No explanation needed.

I can't stand Harper, but doing it right now to me would just reek of sour grapes and frustration because we're getting our butts kicked.

Agreed. Lind is the one who deserves it at this pt.

No reason necessary.

No explanation needed.

I don't think anyone deserves it. It was 8-0 in the 3rd and we were giving it to him.

I wouldn't feel comfortable with an 8-0 lead in the 3rd with our pen, either.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

For what, trying to win?

We blew a 7 run lead to the Phillies last week. The Nats themselves scored 7 runs in the 8th inning last night. They're supposed to stop trying to score runs in the 3rd inning because they have a 7 run lead against a team that's 4th in the league in scoring, or risk physical punishment?

A terrible road trip..... 2-8

Swept by Pirates, had the lead in every cotton pickin game

Worse- losing a 3 game series at Phily, the worst team in baseball

Even Worse- losing 2 of 3 to Nats, losing the Wed. game hurt a lot; then the blowout

Now.... I'd like to say we head home to comfy Miller Park, but that IS NOT going to be anywhere close to a home crowd. Not much is more demoralizing than having the Cubs fans in droves at your own park..... need to win soon

I heard the Saturday game was a sellout after a couple of days that seats were on sale. Also, fringe front runner Cubs fans from work are paying $43 for bad upper deck seats on Friday. Not going to be a Brewers crowd, sad to say.

Archived