Brewer Fanatic

2017-07-27: Brewers (Blazek) at Nationals (Scherzer) 11:05 AM CDT [Brewers lose, 15-2. Not a typo]

hawing
  • Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm done with the excuses for Stearns. He can wear his mistakes just like anyone else. He failed to find quality arms for this pen. He has failed to make in season adjustments like allowing your best options at SP actually be in the rotation. He can wear his mistakes. He's a grown man. This will be another wasted season for the historic Milwaukee Brewers.

He doesn't need you to make excuses for him. This was supposed to be another wasted season, that's how the team was built. Now we're surprised it's actually turning out that way. Oh, and the best options at SP ARE actually in the rotation.

Hader, Burnes, Woodruff, Wilkerson and I am probably missing some, all should have been used as a starting pitcher before Blazek.

Stearns didn't hit on really any bullpen arms. Did he go out and sign top end guys? No. But he whiffed on a closer and he's whiffed on just about any other arm he's brought in.

Not only is he above true but as a team that kept winning games and building a lead, he sat on his hands even though it was very easy to see the true colors of this bullpen. He could have been proactive rather than reactive. He's failed this season. Hopefully he learns from it and the same with Counsell.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

So Levering (that's who is calling the game, right...I can't keep track anymore) just said that the 5 HRs in an inning tied a MLB record, but didn't mention that the Brewers had done that a few years back. Seems like that would be an automatic follow up to that statement.

Trying to remember the players...Clark? Fielder? Hall? whoever the catcher was (Moeller?), and Hardy?...ok, I guess more than a few years back

22 april 2006 at miller park vs. the reds.

What a mess Stearns has given CC for pitchers.

Oh come on. Stearns' fault that Blazek sucked? He was great in the CS rotation, he was the logical choice to get a start in a pinch. What would you have done? Nelson, Anderson, and Garza have all been better than expected out of the rotation. They're down 2 starters.

I'm done with the excuses for Stearns. He can wear his mistakes just like anyone else. He failed to find quality arms for this pen. He has failed to make in season adjustments like allowing your best options at SP actually be in the rotation. He can wear his mistakes. He's a grown man. This will be another wasted season for the historic Milwaukee Brewers.

No one said he hasn't made mistakes, but blaming him for assembling a rebuilding pen for a rebuilding team is silly. They signed Feliz. They called up Hader in June and he has been great. They put Wily in the pen.

They had patience with Hughes and Drake who were both great in June and most of July until the blowup games. They traded for Webb. They just went out and got Swarzak. Some of these moves worked, some didn't, but they were certainly trying.

I hear plenty of blame for Stearns on the pen but rarely on any specific options on what should have been done. They've rotated plenty of guys through the pen -- Blazek, Webb, Marinez, Espino, Milone, and others. But people just assume Wang, Wilkerson, Archer, and others would be better. If the list B players had been called up and shelled we'd be blaming Stearns for not giving the lost A guys a shot.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Hader, Burnes, Woodruff, Wilkerson and I am probably missing some, all should have been used as a starting pitcher before Blazek.

Stearns didn't hit on really any bullpen arms. Did he go out and sign top end guys? No. But he whiffed on a closer and he's whiffed on just about any other arm he's brought in.

Not only is he above true but as a team that kept winning games and building a lead, he sat on his hands even though it was very easy to see the true colors of this bullpen. He could have been proactive rather than reactive. He's failed this season. Hopefully he learns from it and the same with Counsell.

Hader, maybe. Woodruff was lined up as a starter before Blazek. He missed a month due to injury. He's currently rehabbing in the minors. Everyone loves Burnes, but the dude just moved up from A ball. You're talking about a big jump. He's also just about at his innings limit.

He doesn't need you to make excuses for him. This was supposed to be another wasted season, that's how the team was built. Now we're surprised it's actually turning out that way. Oh, and the best options at SP ARE actually in the rotation.

Well, Blazek isn't in the rotation- you said rotation. But I get it, Stearns and Counsell are stupid, stinky, and have no business being near a professional baseball team.

Worse than whiffing completely, much of the guys he has in the pen are teasers. They sting together a few decent outings and the manager thinks they are actually good. Hughes, Torres, Barnes and Drake fit that mold.

except Jared Hughes has had a pretty good NL RP career.. he was only released by the Pirates because he was going to "cost to much" and preferred keeping and paying LeBlanc less. thats the only reason the Brewers have Hughes.. because the Pirates are cheap as f.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

The worst thing for a small-market, rebuilding team is success too quickly. I give huge props to Stearns for staying the course. He is not delusional, he knows what this team is and what it can be in the future. He's putting his chips down on the future as opposed to risking the future to put band-aids on an average team.

except Jared Hughes has had a pretty good NL RP career.. he was only released by the Pirates because he was going to "cost to much" and preferred keeping and paying LeBlanc less. thats the only reason the Brewers have Hughes.. because the Pirates are cheap as f.

Pretty good isn't shutdown. The really good pens have 3-4 shutdown guys.

I wonder if Harper will try to track down Blazek after the game and ask him to throw to him if he's a HR derby contestant next year.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Hader, maybe. Woodruff was lined up as a starter before Blazek. He missed a month due to injury. He's currently rehabbing in the minors. Everyone loves Burnes, but the dude just moved up from A ball. You're talking about a big jump. He's also just about at his innings limit.

I thought Woodruff's rehab was done and he waz optioned back to AAA? Not sure if he is supposed to start tonight for Colorado springs so it may not have mattered. I would have preferred hader start today and not had him pitch yesterday give the day off on Monday and the fact davies pitchef deep Tuesday.

I have a weird feeling we're going to win this game. I liked how hard they came back after that horrible inning last night to score a few runs and give it a shot. I know Scherzer was rough last game out so one would expect him to be unhittable today. But weird feeling the O is going to score today

Please don't ever say this again. LOL. ;)

Archived