Brewer Fanatic

Adrian Beltre is a Treasure

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Beltre is one of the top 5 3rd baseman of all time (IMO of course). 4-5 years ago he was in the "will he get in the hall?" category, now he's probably a 90% first ballot guy. 3000 hits, 450 homers, 1600 RBI (probably 1700 or more by the time he retires), superb defense, and one of the most fun dudes to watch play the game.

http://mlb.mlb.com/images/8/9/0/76570890/miggy_beltre_k3dvuih5.gif

Never in my life have I seen a player stand near the on deck circle for more than a second or two. They wonder all over the place. Davis needs to be fined and suspended for letting his ego get out of check.

Beltre was in the tv camera view of the pitcher/catcher/batter while on deck. When have you ever seen that before? He was basically asking to be kicked out. Yet, the ump could have just motioned with his hand to move the on deck circle back. Then again, the grace was telling him to move back to the batter's circle.

Never in my life have I seen a player stand near the on deck circle for more than a second or two. They wonder all over the place. Davis needs to be fined and suspended for letting his ego get out of check.

Beltre was in the tv camera view of the pitcher/catcher/batter while on deck. When have you ever seen that before? He was basically asking to be kicked out. Yet, the ump could have just motioned with his hand to move the on deck circle back. Then again, the grace was telling him to move back to the batter's circle.

Doesn't happen often but I've seen the on deck batter on TV before. And Beltre wasn't even that far, like 10 feet from the circle. In a 10 run game the ump was clearly looking for someone to toss.

Doesn't happen often but I've seen the on deck batter on TV before. And Beltre wasn't even that far, like 10 feet from the circle. In a 10 run game the ump was clearly looking for someone to toss.

My guess is that he was looking and hoping for no issues, no close calls, no idiot stunts for the rest of the game .

Not sure if he still does this, but when Carlos Gomez was with the Brewers he didn't stand anywhere near the on deck circle. If he wasn't in the view of the center field camera, he sure must have been pretty close (maybe Beltre picked this up from Gomez).

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Archived