Brewer Fanatic

2017-07-26: Brewers (Nelson) at Nationals (Gonzalez) 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 8-5]

hawing
  • Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just can't believe we took Hader out. I'm just stunned. The kid just put a nook in Harper's mouth and Counsell takes him out. Unbelievable. Beyond frustrating.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

And after watching Hader embarrass one of the best hitters in the league CC somehow thinks he is only a LOOGY

I agree, particularly in a tie game situation. The only guy in the pen I'd even think of taking Hader out for in that situation is Knebel, and I probably still don't do it.

I personally think Hughes is garbage, but that's just me.

Say that before the hit .....

Why? I can have that feeling at any time.

I just don't think he's that great. He's a contact pitcher and I prefer strike out pitchers. Just like I like Barnes more so than others, but he got unlucky tonight.

Because you don't say that if he lines out to RF and we're out of the inning.

Man, I like Counsel; he's done a great job but this one is really upsetting... Did he not just see what Hader did to Harper? Was he not paying attention??!! and then Hughes??? At least you go to Knebel!!!!

Counsel was managing the 8th 'by the book' and it blew up on him.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I realize people are hot right now but the Forum rules still exists in the game threads. If your post gets something replaced with a bunch of asterisks it's violating the Forum cuss filter and shouldn't be posted. Let's try to remember that going forward guys.

Too bad Swarzek had to ride a horse to DC instead of fly. How was Brinson able to get here from Colorado but Swarzek needs an extra day from Chicago. He better come in and at least pass Hughes on the bullpen depth chart

Community Moderator
I'm not trying to pile on here, but you know you have Blazek starting on the mound tomorrow and your odds of winning are going to be less than stellar. Why not use Knebel if you are going to pull Hader there? Brewers needed a strikeout pitcher in that situation against Zimmerman. It is so dejecting.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Because you don't say that if he lines out to RF and we're out of the inning

I wouldn't have said anything, but my opinion of him would still be the same.

What about him makes you want him pitching in an important situation?

Archived