Brewer Fanatic

Brinson recalled, Garza to DL (leg strain)

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@AdamMcCalvy

Just said hello to Lewis Brinson here at Nationals Park, so everyone can just breathe a little. Roster move still TBD.

2:01 PM · Jul 26, 2017 from Washington, DC

Gonna be awesome to see him pinch hit in Co Springs about 20 minutes from now...HOW'D HE DO THAT!?!

@AdamMcCalvy

Just said hello to Lewis Brinson here at Nationals Park, so everyone can just breathe a little. Roster move still TBD.

I’m gonna need McCalvy to do a head count for me and tell me who is missing…

If they can't complete the mystery deal Brett Phillips(or someone else) could just be optioned for the time being. I doubt a simple move like that would be what is actually going on deep down if it happens.

If they can't complete the mystery deal Brett Phillips(or someone else) could just be optioned for the time being. I doubt a simple move like that would be what is actually going on deep down if it happens.

Maybe they will not do anything and not send anyone down and see if anyone notices.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I think a lot of people here are valuing Verlander and Kinsler way too highly with some of these offers going around. I'd give them salary relief and some B prospects at best.

I agree with this.

I concur. Isn't Verlander basically Suppan at 35yo?

I agree that people overvalue you them. This isn't the top pitcher in baseball anymore nor is Kinsler an elite 2B anymore. But Verlander to Jeff Suppan?! No way. Last season he was a 6.6 WAR & finished 2nd in CY Young voting. He still has 1.3 WAR this season with 3.50 FIP despite his struggles this year.

As noted in Kinsler trend, guy posted 5.5 WAR each of last 3 years. Both are aging & maybe losing it and no longer elite status but Suppan was never elite & was purely an inning eater.

This is driving me crazy! Hope some type of news comes out soon about what is going on! Been crickets since news broke he was coming up!

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

@AdamMcCalvy

SO can we put this debate to bed now?

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Maybe they will not do anything and not send anyone down and see if anyone notices.

That would be awesome! Any idea what the penalty is for having 26? Is it game forfeit? Just curious.

Still believe it has to involve a trade of some kind. Doesn't make sense for it to be simple roster turnover and withhold the announcement. There is no competitive advantage to waiting all day to announce a call-up.

Brinson sitting on a jetway somewhere and just got the news he's been traded to the Cardinals:

34bb833b59cb78bdc6f5a7b515ee959c--seinfeld-airports.jpg

HAHAHAHAHA

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Rumor has it multiple Oriole scouts were in Biloxi last night watching Ortiz pitch, and their game just wrapped up against the Rays with both Britton and O'Day pitching in a game they trailed from the 6th inning on. Would be curious to know whether Brewer scouts were in attendance in Tampa...Tigers may not be the primary target.

Also, couldn't the Brewers just keep Brinson on the CO Springs roster if they wanted while he's in DC until trade possibilities clarify, especially if a trade or roster move isn't required?

I kind of feel like everyone is worked up about nothing here. Likely just some roster juggling but of course they're talking to teams and it's good to have him physically with the team in case, but it's not a clear indicator some grand deal is done/imminent. Relax.

Haudricourt tweeted “Stearns said when he woke up yesterday he didn’t know he’d be making a trade. That’s how fluid things are.” If that is what Stearns said to Haudricourt I’m going to put a 95% sticker on the fact that someone is being traded…

The Mets had better not be involved in any of this... :rolleyes

Rumor has it multiple Oriole scouts were in Biloxi last night watching Ortiz pitch, and their game just wrapped up against the Rays with both Britton and O'Day pitching in a game they trailed from the 6th inning on. Would be curious to know whether Brewer scouts were in attendance in Tampa...Tigers may not be the primary target.

Dylan Bundy's next start was just pushed back by a few days...

2+2 = 5? :tongue

"Don't force him to choose between Chris Smalling and Phil Jones. It's like asking someone to choose between which STD to contract!"

I kind of feel like everyone is worked up about nothing here. Likely just some roster juggling but of course they're talking to teams and it's good to have him physically with the team in case, but it's not a clear indicator some grand deal is done/imminent. Relax.

It may eventually amount to much ado about nothing, but the way things have gone down and the direct quotes from Stearns certainly indicate there was at least a chance something was/is going on.

I had the thought that maybe Bundy with O'Day or something like that.

Well, if they do trade Brinson you guys can let me know who you want gone next. That would make it 6 avatars in a row traded within a year of becoming my avatar.

Lmao! Then please stop putting our good players or top prospects as your avatar!

BAAAAAD JOO JOO!! :laughing

Boomer, I never said I disagreed with your premise. Having said that, it's not like this team is strapped payroll wise and they probably won't be until after anything that would be taken on is off the books. Other than Nelson, is there anyone on the staff that you would say is definitively better than Verlander? I can think of a couple that have been definitively worse.

The Tigers we might be looking at in Kinsler and Verlander and certainly Wilson would absolutely be good players for us in 2017. Verlander is our number 2 or 3 depending on what is going on with Anderson, and Kinsler would be an upgrade over a Villar and what we must assume will be a significant regression for Sogard (609 OPS prior to 2017)

And thats great IF it means we make the playoffs and can do some damage once we get get there. However, like a great night out drinking, 2018 will feel like a cruel joke of an hangover with older guys making big money and some of our prospects gone.

Now if Fulmer comes along, that I can get behind.

I had the thought that maybe Bundy with O'Day or something like that.

I don't think it will be Bundy and he has to be close to his inning limit this year anyway. I could see one of the bullpen arms but would be surprised if it was for Bundy.

It may eventually amount to much ado about nothing, but the way things have gone down and the direct quotes from Stearns certainly indicate there was at least a chance something was/is going on.

I really think the primary force behind this was the lefty starter today for WAS combined with the great start from Davies resting the bullpen. I'd view the trade aspects of it as kind 'just in case'. I'd be happy to be wrong, no matter the trade it creates some action/entertainment/excitement.

Archived