Brewer Fanatic

Brinson recalled, Garza to DL (leg strain)

Verlander is most like to waive his no trade to a super contender and assuming his vested option is picked up. I cant imagine how that fits into a small market rebuilding teams plans even if he wants to come here.

Good grief man, you don't have to be debbie downer every opportunity you get. It's a message board, folks are speculating. Enjoy the ride.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So if no other news comes out shortly the speculation will ramp up once tonight’s lineup is released. If Brinson has been called up he will be in the lineup against Gonzalez. That is certain, yes? If he isn’t in the lineup, then he becomes the centerpiece of trade rumors I would assume.

Side note: I do believe I have broken my daily record for hitting refresh on both Brewerfan as well as Ken Rosenthal’s twitter feed. So put today’s date in the record books.

I don't see any indication he will be in the lineup tonight. There is zero evidence he went to Washington DC this morning.

So if no other news comes out shortly the speculation will ramp up once tonight’s lineup is released. If Brinson has been called up he will be in the lineup against Gonzalez. That is certain, yes? If he isn’t in the lineup, then he becomes the centerpiece of trade rumors I would assume.

Side note: I do believe I have broken my daily record for hitting refresh on both Brewerfan as well as Ken Rosenthal’s twitter feed. So put today’s date in the record books.

I don't see any indication he will be in the lineup tonight. There is zero evidence he went to Washington DC this morning.

Doesn't mean he's not there either.

Verlander is most like to waive his no trade to a super contender and assuming his vested option is picked up. I cant imagine how that fits into a small market rebuilding teams plans even if he wants to come here.

Good grief man, you don't have to be debbie downer every opportunity you get. It's a message board, folks are speculating. Enjoy the ride.

Yeah i know and point taken, but acquiring Verlander is about as realistic as picking up Thor. Not the Mets pitcher, the dude with the hammer.

Prospects plus $56 Million plus his vested option at $22 Million plus the balance that he is owed this year, or about $9 Million for a 34 year old pitcher with a ton of mileage and a strong desire to only be traded to a WS caliber team. To be traded to a team that has expressed desire to build around its prospects.

Sound realistic to you?

Thinking Zimmerman plus either Verlander or (gasp) Fulmer and maybe Kinsler for a huge package deal that includes Phillips + Hader or Ortiz + Diaz + lower level prospects
The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Thinking Zimmerman plus either Verlander or (gasp) Fulmer and maybe Kinsler for a huge package deal that includes Phillips + Hader or Ortiz + Diaz + lower level prospects

Verlander and Kinsler do nothing for me, but I would trade practically anyone we have in the minors to get Fulmer. This is a mega deal Id strongly look into.

Boomer, I never said I disagreed with your premise. Having said that, it's not like this team is strapped payroll wise and they probably won't be until after anything that would be taken on is off the books. Other than Nelson, is there anyone on the staff that you would say is definitively better than Verlander? I can think of a couple that have been definitively worse.

Verlander and Kinsler do nothing for me, but I would trade practically anyone we have in the minors to get Fulmer. This is a mega deal Id strongly look into.

The idea is to take on a Kinsler to give up less propects. Of course Fulmer is attractive, but back up the bus to get him. Not sure that is a wise move either.

Whatever this is, I'm guessing it is something we haven't even discussed in this thread.

I can tell you Delta flights/routes to DC from Colorado Springs were open this morning, so if Milwaukee wanted him in DC tonight to play - travel was not an issue.

Don't think Verlander or Zimmermann would be smart at all just due to expected regression, age, and total cost. Fulmer is the only young starter that theoretically could be on the market that I'd break the bank for, but I highly doubt he's available. I think the Tigers are trying to reload for next year and not a full tear town rebuild although I think that it would be a wise move for them to start tearing sooner rather than later.

I mean, i'd be pretty excited to have Verlander on the roster.. Cy Young runner up last year, having a little bumpy season so far, but still no where near Suppan type numbers at all. He has more K's this season (120) in 21 starts than Suppan had in any full season, and he's only had 1 season of under 200 IP in the last 11 or 12 years.

Is there a metric to determine what a teams defense does for/against a starting pitchers ERA?

His FIP is 4.21, DRA is 3.81, so that would indicate that he has gotten a little unlucky and maybe defense has hurt his ERA some. I do think moving to a contender would help his motivation. I still think Verlander would be a great pickup, but I also think figuring out a trade for him is going to be super tricky (much like it has been with Braun).

I can tell you Delta flights/routes to DC from Colorado Springs were open this morning, so if Milwaukee wanted him in DC tonight to play - travel was not an issue.

It's never an issue. Just no indication that he went. There are private options as well outside the few commercial directs from COS to IAD/DCA (Frontier I believe is the only one). Most Delta from COS is to SLC (where I live and fly out of multiple times a week as a Delta Diamond).

There is nothing to indicate Brinson flew to DC and thus I don't see any reason to believe him being held out was to travel to DC to be on the Brewers lineup. I am reading that Brinson is on the sub card today in COS. MILB gameday has him available as a sub from that sub card. Haven't heard that he is there or in uniform however.

There was some scouts take on Verlander written on CBS a week or so back. Long story short (off the top of my head so take it with a grain of salt), the summary was that he expected him to bounce back. Velocity and things like you just mentioned are in line like last year. His biggest problem apparently has been just lack of control on first pitch as compared to last year, starting a ton of batters at 1-0 vs what he did last year. That's not to say they thought he'd be worth 80mil but the guy was kind of expecting a bounce back to finish the year and seemingly would be confident in him still being good next year.

I mean, i'd be pretty excited to have Verlander on the roster.. Cy Young runner up last year, having a little bumpy season so far, but still no where near Suppan type numbers at all. He has more K's this season (120) in 21 starts than Suppan had in any full season, and he's only had 1 season of under 200 IP in the last 11 or 12 years.

Is there a metric to determine what a teams defense does for/against a starting pitchers ERA?

His FIP is 4.21, DRA is 3.81, so that would indicate that he has gotten a little unlucky and maybe defense has hurt his ERA some. I do think moving to a contender would help his motivation. I still think Verlander would be a great pickup, but I also think figuring out a trade for him is going to be super tricky (much like it has been with Braun).

I agree with the whole "motivation" factor. With the trade rumors swirling about him, he put up pretty good numbers. In his last 4 starts: 26.0 IP 2.77 ERA 28K

It's never an issue. Just no indication that he went. There are private options as well outside the few commercial directs from COS to IAD/DCA (Frontier I believe is the only one). Most Delta from COS is to SLC (where I live and fly out of multiple times a week as a Delta Diamond).

There is nothing to indicate Brinson flew to DC and thus I don't see any reason to believe him being held out was to travel to DC to be on the Brewers lineup. I am reading that Brinson is on the sub card today in COS. MILB gameday has him available as a sub from that sub card. Haven't heard that he is there or in uniform however.

He shows up that way because he has not been officially recalled yet. He is also on the CS roster as of now. Doesn't mean he is physically there.

There was some scouts take on Verlander written on CBS a week or so back. Long story short (off the top of my head so take it with a grain of salt), the summary was that he expected him to bounce back. Velocity and things like you just mentioned are in line like last year. His biggest problem apparently has been just lack of control on first pitch as compared to last year, starting a ton of batters at 1-0 vs what he did last year. That's not to say they thought he'd be worth 80mil but the guy was kind of expecting a bounce back to finish the year and seemingly would be confident in him still being good next year.

He made a mechanical change like 2 starts ago and has looked better in those starts. They were both against the Royals who aren't a patient team so could just be that at play too.

So here's what we know:

- Brinson played half an inning for the SkySox and was removed prior to his first at bat. Stearns confirmed that it was not injury related. It does not appear to be pre-meditated to face the stretch of LHP coming up since he would have already been on his way and never started that game.

- Braun said he was healthy, so Brinson doesn't appear to be on his way as an injury replacement (unless it was another OF)

- Brinson has NOT been officially recalled, per Stearns

- Brinson is NOT in the SkySox lineup for tonight

- Nobody knows where Brinson physically is, where he is en route to, or which roster he is a part of

- Stearns's chat with Haudricourt indicates that more news is coming sometime today.

Did I miss anything?

Gruber Lawffices

So here's what we know:

- Brinson played half an inning for the SkySox and was removed prior to his first at bat. Stearns confirmed that it was not injury related. It does not appear to be pre-meditated to face the stretch of LHP coming up since he would have already been on his way and never started that game.

- Braun said he was healthy, so Brinson doesn't appear to be on his way as an injury replacement (unless it was another OF)

- Nobody knows where Brinson physically is, where he is en route to, or which roster he is a part of

- Stearns's chat with Haudricourt indicates that more news is coming sometime today.

Did I miss anything?

Yes, 9 pages debating those facts.

I think a lot of people here are valuing Verlander and Kinsler way too highly with some of these offers going around. I'd give them salary relief and some B prospects at best.

Verlander (Cy young runner up in 2016) at the deadline ( when competition to get him is way up) for 2 and a half years....will cost a very nice prospect package (we're talking Hader or Brinson). If we have to take 80% of the salary, the prospect package moves to more B or C type guys, in my opinion.

So here's what we know:

Did I miss anything?

You missed the rumor that Brinson had to settle for an aisle seat. lol

Also, he's currently somewhere over the Bermunda Triangle.

Stay tuned.

So here's what we know:

Did I miss anything?

And the one about Stearns being too afraid to make deals.

So here's what we know:

Did I miss anything?

Also, he's currently somewhere over the Bermunda Triangle.

Stay tuned.

You also missed that sometimes Attanasio wakes up Stearns by shaking him and saying, "Hey, hey, wake up...we are going to make a trade today"

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Archived