Brewer Fanatic

Brinson recalled, Garza to DL (leg strain)

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If I had a dream to guess. Phillips in a deal for Wilson/Kinsler.

Though we were getting consistent rumors with connection to Detroit. Now suddenly when things are supposably ramping up for some type of deal we get nothing? Hmmm

If a trade is made, I believe the Tigers would be the partner as well. I think Wilson/Kinsler is safe, but I think Verlander or Fulmer would be in there too. Fulmer is a player worthy of a few high prospects.

I don't believe we have enough to get Fulmer with prospects only. That would mean we would have to take on a lot of bad contracts, so maybe this is possible but it's a massive commitment for Mark A.

Braun to DL. Torres DFA I'm guessing.

I don't see a fit with the Tigers. Trading prospects for two old expensive guys and Wilson is the opposite of acquiring young controllable talent.

It's possible to not get just young talent. Stearns literally did it 24 hours ago.

Of course it's possible, the question is why?

Verlander, Wilson, & Kinsler.... eat all of their contacts & guessing they will want young MLB talent, near MLB ready talent. Tigers want to compete.... don't see them wanting many guys who are far off from helping. Kinsler & Verlander are having career bad years & aging. Wilson is real good though.

Think vet presence & along with the change of scenery factor could get both Verlander/ Kinsler & Brewers going again.

I say this is highly unlikely though. My guess is we would get Wilson OR Verlander with salary dump of Kinsler

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

No Brinson in the lineup today. Not really a surprise. Just something to check off the checking list.

Also provides further indication that Brinson being called up is not just a rumor.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

It makes no sense to call up Brinson if he is being traded....no need to do that....it has to be to cover another outfield spot. If it was a simple switch of Brinson for Phillips because of lefties...that would have been announced right away...has to be for a trade and its one of the outfielders currently on the roster that is moving...either Phillips or Santana...it just could be taking time to finish if say they were trying to figure out something with Verlander to get him to waive the no trade. It could be Santana moving on but that would be for a very controllable pitcher. Should be an exciting day.

This is what I' m thinking, as well. Also, I'm assuming the team is Detroit, since they are the one with advanced talks with DS. If I'm Detroit, I look hard at Villar. Villar would be better/cheaper fit for them than Kinsler. They probably want an advanced arm, as well.

So.... my official guess:

Detroit gets...

Phillips

Villar

Advanced arm (Ortiz, Burnes, or F Peralta)

Lower level high upside guy ( Gatewood or Harrison)

Brewers get....

Verlander

Kinsler,

Cash

That is way too much in my opinion.

I'd off them Villar and Harrison for Verlander, Kinsler & Wilson. We take on all the money.

Problem with all these scenarios is that Verlander will want his last year guaranteed to waive his no-trade, at which point I'm out on him.

I think a lot of people here are valuing Verlander and Kinsler way too highly with some of these offers going around. I'd give them salary relief and some B prospects at best.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

I think a lot of people here are valuing Verlander and Kinsler way too highly with some of these offers going around. I'd give them salary relief and some B prospects at best.

I agree with this.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

No Brinson in the lineup today. Not really a surprise. Just something to check off the checking list.

Also provides further indication that Brinson being called up is not just a rumor.

That is my thought. No reason to leave Colorado if he is being traded.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

If a team is clearing 20million a year or so off your plate for players who have declined this season.... you are not getting anywhere near these deals.

Only way DS does any of these deals is if he is taking on ton of money to reduce amount of top prospects. He isn't forking over money & cleaning house

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

I agree with this.

I concur. Isn't Verlander basically Suppan at 35yo?

That is my thought. No reason to leave Colorado if he is being traded.

Likely the acquiring team asked that he be held out of action.

If a team is clearing 20million a year or so off your plate for players who have declined this season.... you are not getting anywhere near these deals.

Only way DS does any of these deals is if he is taking on ton of money to reduce amount of top prospects. He isn't forking over money & cleaning house

IMO this is what will happen (if it happens). You know names like "Kinsler" or "Verlander" makes Antanasio all riled up and though DS has full control you know that little voice of Mark A's is in the background like "I'll spend".

Agreed that if a deal with the Tigers involves the Crew taking on most if not all of bad contracts, no real prospects should be involved. Haven't seen anyone really mention Zimmerman, I'd rather gamble on him as a change of scenery guy than Verlander. How about a "blockbuster" of Kinsler/Zimmerman/Fulmer for Phillips/Villar/Ortiz/Diplan and Milwaukee eats the two contracts? I accept the fact that it's far-fetched, but what the heck...
This guy threw at his own son in a father son game

So if no other news comes out shortly the speculation will ramp up once tonight’s lineup is released. If Brinson has been called up he will be in the lineup against Gonzalez. That is certain, yes? If he isn’t in the lineup, then he becomes the centerpiece of trade rumors I would assume.

Side note: I do believe I have broken my daily record for hitting refresh on both Brewerfan as well as Ken Rosenthal’s twitter feed. So put today’s date in the record books.

So if no other news comes out shortly the speculation will ramp up once tonight’s lineup is released. If Brinson has been called up he will be in the lineup against Gonzalez. That is certain, yes? If he isn’t in the lineup, then he becomes the centerpiece of trade rumors I would assume.

Side note: I do believe I have broken my daily record for hitting refresh on both Brewerfan as well as Ken Rosenthal’s twitter feed. So put today’s date in the record books.

Doesn't sound as though they have officially recalled him so him being in the lineup, or not, may not be much of an indication of anything.

Held out of action is one thing. My understanding is that he is not even physically present.

What gives you the indication that he is not physically in Colorado Springs right now?

A post earlier in the thread.

I mean, i'd be pretty excited to have Verlander on the roster.. Cy Young runner up last year, having a little bumpy season so far, but still no where near Suppan type numbers at all. He has more K's this season (120) in 21 starts than Suppan had in any full season, and he's only had 1 season of under 200 IP in the last 11 or 12 years.

Is there a metric to determine what a teams defense does for/against a starting pitchers ERA?

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Verlander is most like to waive his no trade to a super contender and assuming his vested option is picked up. I cant imagine how that fits into a small market rebuilding teams plans even if he wants to come here.

Archived