Brewer Fanatic

Brinson recalled, Garza to DL (leg strain)

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it possible Santana is part of a move? He seems to be someone with a lot of value, and maybe the team has a lot of faith in Brinson/Phillips. Maybe Domingo's numbers and contract situation replace high level prospects in a trade for someone like Gray.

Curious to see where it all goes.

Trade definitely in works

Tom @Haudricourt

#Brewers GM David Stearns wouldn't confirm Brinson call-up but said Ryan Braun is not injured.

10:13 AM · Jul 26, 2017

Based on this, now I'm fearing that Brinson is involved in a trade. If a trade went down late last night involving Phillips, I would think you'd let Brinson finish the game (it's more likely that you'd let him play out a few innings rather than pull him out immediately in my opinion). You would FOR SURE pull him immediately if he were involved in a trade, however. Couple that with Stearns not confirming Brinson was recalled has me leaning towards a Brinson trade now.

I thought the exact thing, but I am guessing Brinson was pulled to get him to Washington ASAP. We are competing and want Brinson ready if we trade someone else. If it is Brinson I'd be pretty excited at who we are getting. They wouldn't trade Brinson for Quintana.

FWIW: Yu Darvish looks to be traded before next start and we are not on his no trade list.

I thought the exact thing, but I am guessing Brinson was pulled to get him to Washington ASAP. We are competing and want Brinson ready if we trade someone else. If it is Brinson I'd be pretty excited at who we are getting. They wouldn't trade Brinson for Quintana.

FWIW: Yu Darvish looks to be traded before next start and we are not on his no trade list.

You're right, the time of the SkySox game may have played a factor in pulling him immediately. At least that's what I'm saying to myself trying to calm myself down.

Gruber Lawffices

The saddest part is the fact this upcoming move means that guy won't leave come Packers training camp.

Huh?

The poster who keeps threatening to leave because Stearns sucks, we aren't making big moves., etc etc etc.

Though I guess he gets what he wants then so maybe he will be more even tempered.

Unless it's Mad Bum, I don't want Brinson being traded. Darvish would only be a 2 month rental.

Haudricourt asking the wrong questions, as any looming trade could just as easily include Phillips, with Brinson just getting shipped over to Washington to make sure the MLB club wasn't shorthanded in centerfield for tonight's game.

BTW, Bumgarner did look pretty decent last night on the hill...

How does Milwaukee pair with Texas, prospect wise? Could Phillips headline a deal for Darvish?

Supposably the price on Darvish is high since Texas can get draft pick compensation. Phillips could probably headline a deal, but this forum would freak out giving that up for a rental when we aren't playing well. I wouldn't be a fan either unless there is an extension announcement at the same time.

How does Milwaukee pair with Texas, prospect wise? Could Phillips headline a deal for Darvish?

Isn't Darvish in the last year of a contract, so he would be a 2 month rental? Seems like Phillips would be pretty steep price for that. Would rather have Gray.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Unless it's Mad Bum, I don't want Brinson being traded. Darvish would only be a 2 month rental.

Haudricourt asking the wrong questions, as any looming trade could just as easily include Phillips, with Brinson just getting shipped over to Washington to make sure the MLB club wasn't shorthanded in centerfield for tonight's game.

BTW, Bumgarner did look pretty decent last night on the hill...

Haha one can dream.

Haudricourt is terrible for any trade/rumor. He is too nice to the Brewers to not break anything.

Supposably the price on Darvish is high since Texas can get draft pick compensation. Phillips could probably headline a deal, but this forum would freak out giving that up for a rental when we aren't playing well. I wouldn't be a fan either unless there is an extension announcement at the same time.

Add Wily+ to the deal and bring Jeffress back. Fans will take it easier.

Im surprised we havent gotten a "talks are heating up between the Brewers and x" report if a trade is this imminent involving one of our top prospects, seemingly either Phillips or Brinson.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Archived