Brewer Fanatic

Brinson recalled, Garza to DL (leg strain)

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think briggs is spot on this time....I bet the deal is Villar/Peralta/C+ type prospect for Kinsler and Wilson...however that does nothing for the two spots we pushed into last night

Or Villar/Peralta for just Kinsler

Bring Brinson up ( Perez plays IF)

Swarzak for Torres

Was Brinson pulled out the same time Braun left the game? Timewise, with us playing early on the east coast, this could be the reasoning. Braun leaves in 7th inning(?), CC calls DS, DS calls Colorado Springs to pull Brinson in 1st inning....

Bullpen should be relatively fresh at this point, so could be a move to a 12-man pitching staff for a while, i.e Swarzak and Brinson replacing two pitchers. ....!

This is my best guess as well. Yes, the timing is odd but that doesn't mean much. Probably just needing to meet to discuss who the moving parts will be.

This would be my assumption except for the fact that Brinson played in the top of the first and then got pulled. Maybe I read too much into this, but Stearns seems to have everything mapped out. If the moves are strictly internal, Brinson isn't in the lineup yesterday. I just feel something unforecasted happened.

Just seems like this bullpen is still too overworked to drop down to 12. Plus the flexibility they covet in positional players is partly so they can always carry an extra pitcher or two. Adding positional players to the mix at the expense of the pitching staff would also make it harder to give everybody playing time, something they pride themselves on as well. And last but certainly not least, you don't bring Brinson up so either he or Phillips can sit.

It's Late season..... we need to have our best players up.

Yeah late season, all the more reason to continue rolling with an 8 man bullpen. They're trying to strengthen it, not subtract from it. They're already overworked and their certainly not going to lean on it any less. If anything being in the race means they're going to work the bullpen even harder.

AAA was playing in Colorado Springs last night... two hour difference.... makes sense if Braun was hurt.

Also Dejesus is hitting 367!!!! It would be fun to see what he could do in majors... not sure what move would do that..,

I still think it's due to a trade scenario involving Phillips that Stearns & company figured was getting serious, and they wanted to get Brinson to the east coast sooner than waiting until last night's sky sox game ended so they had flexibility for tonight's game in Washington. With the lefty pitchers coming up it makes sense to change out Phillips with Brinson in the lineup, too.

If that's the case and a trade with Phillips doesn't finalize before gametime, I wouldn't be surprised for the Brewers to option Phillips back to AAA but just keep him with the big league club until that trade happens, and let Broxton play center in CO Springs.

I think if it's a Braun injury scenario, we'd have heard something about it from Counsell in the postgame presser.

Was Brinson pulled out the same time Braun left the game? Timewise, with us playing early on the east coast, this could be the reasoning. Braun leaves in 7th inning(?), CC calls DS, DS calls Colorado Springs to pull Brinson in 1st inning....

I think Lewis Brinson was pulled out after the game ended and after Counsell had post game interviews. If not how this wasn't questioned is a fail by the reporters. Ryan Braun also said he was pulled due to score not injury. I would see the need to lie there.

Im pretty sure that with the rules surrounding divulging injuries, we would have had to have heard about it by now if he was pulled due to injury. Possibly during the game if not right after it.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Ryan Braun also said he was pulled due to score not injury. I would not see the need to lie there.

Ryan Braun lie? Never.

Ha got me there. Hope it is a Braun injury now. That would be good stuff.

On another note Sky Sox play at 12:30 PM so we would k ow then if Brinson has truly left the Sky Sox. Last I checked it was just a rumor he was being called up. Never know that could have been false info.

So let's assume we know for sure (which it seems we do, or about as close as we can be without confirmation from the team) that Brinson is getting recalled, the options seem to be:

- Phillips traded: Possible

- Trading Brinson for Phillips to face lefties: Not likely, Brinson would've not played at all

- Braun injury: Seems unlikely unless Braun felt something late after the game was over

Seems like most likely option is that things were heating up with Detroit and Phillips is part of those talks, so better to have Brinson ready to come up than not. If trade talks are ongoing, they might not want to start Phillips and risk injury so better to send him down and let Brinson get some playing time against the lefties. Phillips can take a few days to report to the Sky Sox and maybe get traded before that has to happen.

It doesn't hurt that Brinson has been destroying PCL pitching since being sent down. Good to see him get right back on the horse after a disappointing cup of coffee in June.

What would be everyone's opinion on Villar/Phillips for Wilson/Kinsler? Kinda seems like Villar/Phillips should be enough to get Wilson on his own, and if we're taking on Kinsler's money it seems like we should get a prospect discount of some kind. Maybe Villar/Phillips could be the starting point for a trade that also includes Verlander???

Could just be as simple as they have no backup OFs right now. Perez is all they have and he's not a true OF, plus hasn't been great. And generally they had too many lefties for the platoons. Then combine that with Braun's daily iffiness and sometimes logical need for a defensive late game sub for him.

Bullpen has been rested now for a bit without being overworked so can go back to a normal amount of relievers. Could be as simple as two relievers out (or what Jericho just said below me), the traded guy in and Brinson in. Could be that simple, or there could be more, we'll see.

I think you're all thinking too hard on this. Phillips to AAA and Peralta DFA'd.

I disagree. If that was going to be the case Lewis Brinson would never have started...at least it would be very unusual for him to even start in that kind of situation.

I think you're all thinking too hard on this. Phillips to AAA and Peralta DFA'd.

I disagree. If that was going to be the case Lewis Brinson would never have started...at least it would be very unusual for him to even start in that kind of situation.

Exactly. Why would Brinson be in the lineup if it was that simple?

Most simple possibility I could see is he is replacing a pitcher because Davies went deep and we had the Monday off day. Then he can play against the lefties and Phillips can replace Braun when he has a few off days coming up.

I just don't see the Phillips/Brinson swap. That would have been already planned out and he would have never been in the starting line up. Then we don't need to stick him on a plane to fly across the country late at night.

Trade definitely in works

Tom @Haudricourt

#Brewers GM David Stearns wouldn't confirm Brinson call-up but said Ryan Braun is not injured.

10:13 AM · Jul 26, 2017

Based on this, now I'm fearing that Brinson is involved in a trade. If a trade went down late last night involving Phillips, I would think you'd let Brinson finish the game (it's more likely that you'd let him play out a few innings rather than pull him out immediately in my opinion). You would FOR SURE pull him immediately if he were involved in a trade, however. Couple that with Stearns not confirming Brinson was recalled has me leaning towards a Brinson trade now.

Gruber Lawffices

Archived