Brewer Fanatic

Brewers acquire Swarzak from White Sox for Ryan Cordell

owbc

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[sarcasm][/sarcasm]LOL Way to go DS!! this will certainly push the Brewers over the top! HUGE Trade.

You have no idea what the market is like, you need to stick to the pessimism threads

I don't agree with a rental reliever at this point, but I trust in David Stearns who flipped our 40 man into a contender half way through the season in one year

I like Cordell, think he'll have a pretty good MLB career. Unfortunately for him, Santana and Braun are in the majors to stay. And he's competing with Broxton, Phillips and Brinson for the remaining spots. So it's not a huge loss. If we suffer a spate of injuries in the outfield we'll still have Broxton, Brinson, Wren and Captain Kirk in AAA. And Hernan Perez for that matter.

You'd think that even with a good second half of the season, he shouldn't be all that expensive to sign to an extension. But yeah, that's a later discussion.

Cordell is behind Brinson, Harrison, Ray, Phillips, Clark & Stokes on my personal OF prospect list, but at the same time it'd have been nice to get someone back with either a little more team control or a little more consistent track record of success.

Let's hope whatever changes Swarzak has made are for real (the HR/FB% looks especially ripe for regression) & best of luck to Cordell going to an organization that should provide him with more opportunity than he'd get here.

[sarcasm][/sarcasm]LOL Way to go DS!! this will certainly push the Brewers over the top! HUGE Trade.

Is it enough to push you off the board and/or internet?

Not even close...I will wait until next Monday..but if this is his only move, I guarantee you I'm out. What a joke.

Out as a fan?

If you really want this team to compete this season it will take multiple acquisitions, imo. Swarzak has been better than Barnes so by the Brewers needs, it's a fairly decent add on their part.

If you really want this team to compete this season it will take multiple acquisitions, imo. Swarzak has been better than Barnes so by the Brewers needs, it's a fairly decent add on their part.

EXACTLY...and that is what I am hoping to see. But impact acquisitions, a Meh reliever won't do it.

Was hoping Cordell could bring back a little more than a rental, or at least a better rental with more of a track record, but having a more reliable setup guy could really help our bullpen and Cordell was unlikely to ever put on a brewers uniform.

Not my favorite trade but we needed the bullpen help. Now go get Kinsler and Wilson and let's go for it.

I like it. I don't see Cordell as more than a 4th OF/AAAA guy. The bullpen needed help and DS made it happen. In Stearns I trust.
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Lol ^ the worst & most annoying type of irrational & overreacting fans.

There is no trade on this earth the Brewers can pull to put them over the top. Please look at the Dodgers, Nationals, & Cubs rosters..... Those are really darn good teams with great cores. Brewers are not near that level & some blockbuster trade will not get them there.

Hopefully some fans can float their heads down from the clouds & be realistic about what this team really is..... in 162 game season you need more than simply overachieving.

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Archived