Brewer Fanatic

2017-07-25: Brewers (Davies) at Nationals (E. Jackson) 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-0]

hawing
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For some reason this one feels good to me. It was almost like the 2nd half started 3 days earlier than we were expecting and we couldn’t catch up. Got a rest day. The Cubs took an L. Deep breath, little lineup tweak. Now let’s start the 2nd half for real.

Davies is on the mound so we will score 9. I feel good about tonight.

Hmm... need to get my gut checked. I swear I felt 9 when I woke up this morning...

:)

For some reason this one feels good to me. It was almost like the 2nd half started 3 days earlier than we were expecting and we couldn’t catch up. Got a rest day. The Cubs took an L. Deep breath, little lineup tweak. Now let’s start the 2nd half for real.

Davies is on the mound so we will score 9. I feel good about tonight.

Hmm... need to get my gut checked. I swear I felt 9 when I woke up this morning...

:)

Must have been that one extra taco.....

But tonight's been a good way to reset after a hellacious week in Philadelphia.

Verified Member
Great win for Davies and it was fun to have a stellar pitching performance and timely hits with three homers from the Crew. It's been too long for a game like this,

Great game tonight. Obviously the news of the Swarzak acquisition fired the team up and gave them the inspiration they needed. (Yes, that last part should be im blue).

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

:laughing :laughing :laughing Heck of a game all around. Brewers even got some bloopers to fall in their way.

Man, what a fun game to attend tonight. Tenth row behind the Brewers dugout. The Shaw bomb was foul by two seats. Thames was a moon shot and just missed another. Knew nothing of the trade. Adam Lind in LF was painful, the guy next to me said he mostly plays there. His numbers are up this year. The protective netting extends to the far end of the dugouts, which annoyed me. A player's walk-up music artist and title are listed in the corner of the video board. I was 20th in line at the concession stand - had my food and payment within six minutes. Chicken tenders don't come with ranch dressing.

Hah I hadn't even seen your post. My gut reaction was that they were protecting some Harper Nats Park record, but it turns out the record belongs to Morse at 465'.

In any case, I figure it had to be around 400' or more from home plate to the 3rd deck mezzanine that ball blasted into, and it wasn't slowing down.

427' my foot.

Community Moderator
Minor gripe here, but I don't for one second buy that estimate of 427' on Thames' HR last night.

The ESPN hit tracker estimate of 432' is reasonable. That's still very impressive, especially for a HR hit down the line.

Based on their charts, the ball hit the stands approximately 370 ft from home plate. See here: http://hittrackeronline.com/hrdetail.php?id=2017_3747

31 degree elevation angle is too high to get a 450 ft HR. Most of the 450+ ft HRs have a launch angle closer about 5 degrees lower.

Note that many of the statcast estimates are BS...for instance that Broxton HR in St. Louis was something like 50 ft overestimated compared to the ESPN hit tracker (which is far more accurate than statcast because the methodology is better).

Archived