Brewer Fanatic

Brewers Offense

With Broxton struggling and Braun not available, the Brewers need to adjust their batting order, recall Brinson and option Broxton. I am not expecting Sogard to repeat his first half. 1B and CF should be strict platoons. With days off Perez, Brinson and Phillips will have plenty of opportunities. Thames should never play OF again. Perez is still the super sub but the line up allows Arcia and Santana opportunities to be the new "face."

Arcia SS

Braun/Perez LF

Santana RF

Shaw 3B

Aguilar/Thames 1B

Piña C

Sogard/Villar 2B

Brinson/Phillips CF

Pitcher

They should rework the lineup with Sogard back. But I disagree that Bronson and Phillips would get enough players my time based on when They were up earlier this year. That would chance when Phillips gets traded or Brain goes to the DL though. It would also be a good idea to split the lefties in the middle/top

2B-Sogard

RF-Santana

3B-Shaw

Lf-Braun

1B -Thames/Aguilar platoon

C-Pina

Cf-Phillips/Broxton platoon -until they clear time for Bronson every day

SS-arcia -lead off against lefties with Villar down here

Hopefully Sogard can get back to hitting well and give this club a lift. Someone has to.

I hope he can but I would be shocked. It was just a ridiculous, unrealistic first half.

I'm hoping it will be one of those unexplainable phenomenons where we get a guy like Sogard back, he leaves off where he was and the entire offense starts clicking again.

I realize this is a long shot, I'm just looking for something right now, because the situation is getting pretty critical.

This team needs Braun. I'm a supporter but he's been flat out annoying. Get you behind in that damn lineup and start hitting. Either that or go away and enjoy your wife and kids. The offense runs through he and Shaw, not guys like Sogard. Tired of this nonesense. Play flipping ball already.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

This team needs Braun. I'm a supporter but he's been flat out annoying. Get you behind in that damn lineup and start hitting. Either that or go away and enjoy your wife and kids. The offense runs through he and Shaw, not guys like Sogard. Tired of this nonesense. Play flipping ball already.

Unfortunately he'll do no such thing since doing so would forfeit the remainder of his contract. I'm afraid we are stuck with a part time Braun for the duration of his contract, a guy who will hit well enough when available but probably can only be counted on for 80 games or so a season .

It is what it is and we have to make the best of it now but it's the giant red flag that caused many of us to want to ship him out to L.A. last August even if the return wasn't overwhelming.

Nothing we can do with him now but be extremely cautious every year and try to make sure he's healthy and rested for any potential pennant races or playoff series.

Unfortunately he'll do no such thing since doing so would forfeit the remainder of his contract. I'm afraid we are stuck with a part time Braun for the duration of his contract, a guy who will hit well enough when available but probably can only be counted on for 80 games or so a season .

It is what it is and we have to make the best of it now but it's the giant red flag that caused many of us to want to ship him out to L.A. last August even if the return wasn't overwhelming.

Nothing we can do with him now but be extremely cautious every year and try to make sure he's healthy and rested for any potential pennant races or playoff series.

80 is probably light. There's not need for him to play 162 games but it's asinine to not push him to the 120 mark each year. He's babied. It's gotten out of hand.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

80 is probably light. There's not need for him to play 162 games but it's asinine to not push him to the 120 mark each year. He's babied. It's gotten out of hand.

Well he's played in 46 out of 99 this year so he's on pace for 75 in 2017. And that's including games with a lone PH appearance and the ones where he was removed early . Can't imagine the problem is going to get much better with age.

Well he's played in 46 out of 99 this year so he's on pace for 75 in 2017. And that's including games with a lone PH appearance and the ones where he was removed early . Can't imagine the problem is going to get much better with age.

And in his entire career before this year he has never played under 135 games without being suspended or missing time due to being in the minors. Your numbers are just ridiculously pessimistic.

And in his entire career before this year he has never played under 135 games without being suspended or missing time due to being in the minors. Your numbers are just ridiculously pessimistic.

He's also obviously older than at any prior point in his career and his body is pretty clearly breaking down at an alarming rate, as we're talking about multiple injuries and ailments, not one specific nagging injury that can be addressed in the off-season. This was after an off-season where he claimed to be as healthy as he's ever been. I think it's fairly clear you can throw that 135 out the window after this year.

Perhaps 80 is pessimistic, and I certainly hope it is. But if I had to bet on 300 starts on him from 2018-2020? 100 starts per year? I'd take the under.

Archived