• Created
  • Last Reply

Brewers suck

Umpires suck

Offense sucks

Bullpen sucks

Random Game of Thrones reference

Just tuned in, but caught up quickly...

Once machines call balls and strikes you guys are going to be posting "I thought the machines were supposed to fix this". The beat will go on.

As I type Scahill warming up... oh good!

Not being negative intentionally here, but I just don't understand the logic of sticking with Torres OR prepping Scahill to replace him. Neither of those guys have shown the ability to get major league hitters out with consistency this year. I know all relievers have to pitch eventually, but you've got Hader, Blazek, Hughes all available. None of those guys have been really stretched lately unless I'm blanking completely on something. This bullpen management just seems illogical.

If anyone can think of a reason why those are the two guys pitching in this situation, I'd love to hear it.

If there were seeing eye singles or bad luck I could see leaving him in this long, but no control, hard hit balls, and on top of it Torres looking at the baseballs like there's some issue with them. Even his own actions are screaming he just don't have it.... really slow hook.

Once machines call balls and strikes you guys are going to be posting "I thought the machines were supposed to fix this". The beat will go on.

Umm...no. They have the technology for the strikes to actually be called strikes and vice versa. If it's called the correct way within the rules I'm certainly not going to complain about thst call whether it goes against us or not.

No one complains that the call was bad when a Brewer hits a foul down the line that misses the foul line by a half inch.

Not being negative intentionally here, but I just don't understand the logic of sticking with Torres OR prepping Scahill to replace him. Neither of those guys have shown the ability to get major league hitters out with consistency this year. I know all relievers have to pitch eventually, but you've got Hader, Blazek, Hughes all available. None of those guys have been really stretched lately unless I'm blanking completely on something. This bullpen management just seems illogical.

If anyone can think of a reason why those are the two guys pitching in this situation, I'd love to hear it.

Sticking with Torres was stupid. As for Scahill replacing him, who cares? At 5-1 the game is already over anyway.

But yeah, none of Torres, Scahill, or Peralta for that matter belong on an MLB roster.

This is actually the perfect situation for Scahill if you are going to have him on the team. Game is already lost......Torres seems to be the 6th inning guy .......he hasnt been horrible of late iirc... sure was tonight.

Umm...no. They have the technology for the strikes to actually be called strikes and vice versa. If it's called the correct way within the rules I'm certainly not going to complain about thst call whether it goes against us or not.

No one complains that the call was bad when a Brewer hits a foul down the line that misses the foul line by a half inch.

I'm not saying it won't be more accurate, but I guarantee something on a corner will be called one way or another and the will be posts the machines are screwing it up. I'm in favor of them but it won't eliminate complaining.

Something needs to light a spark under the Brewers' offense. Even if this game is written off, the dreadful offensive performances over the last six games (including tonight) need a reversal, and fast.

DFAing Scahill or Torres wouldn't bother me. But the fall off the cliff from the offense is absolutely remarkable.

I mean, the Crew has run into some good pitching lately. It happens. But the lack of big hits, bad breaks, and one-inning pitching breakdowns has been very frustrating. Hard to believe this will still be a first place team.

The thing that's tough is that all you can really ask of this roster is to hang around for as long as possible. They were never realistically going to run away with the division. But they look far from even hanging around over the last week.

I'm not saying it won't be more accurate, but I guarantee something on a corner will be called one way or another and the will be posts the machines are screwing it up. I'm in favor of them but it won't eliminate complaining.

Well, it won't be from me. I for one would be glad to see pitches that are almost always incorrectly called balls, get called for strikes. Such as when a catcher gets crossed up, pitch goes across the zone but pitcher misses his spot and it fools the umpire .

Another are 12-6 curves that end up at the ankles but actually cross in the zone, these are almost all incorrectly called balls.

I'd also like to see pitchers stop getting rewarded for setting up a target 2 inches off the plate and being rewarded for it because they hit the spot.

Archived