Brewer Fanatic

2017-07-20: Brewers (Nelson) at Pirates (Taillon) 11:35 AM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-2]

hawing
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why leave Broxton in the game and not Braun? Broxton is trash right now and gives little hope to actually coming back in this game.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Why leave Broxton in the game and not Braun? Broxton is trash right now and gives little hope to actually coming back in this game.

Because Braun is having wrist issues and can't throw, apparently.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Because Braun is having wrist issues and can't throw, apparently.

Braun could swing and throw opposite handed and be better than Broxton right now. I'm not even sure this would be blue.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

No cotton pickin way is he being told to steal in this situation....... going back to a couple years ago, Villar ha no clue when a steal might not be a good idea. Down 2 runs.... getting chucked with no one out, 7th inning. CC has to invest in a Stop sign for Villar. Big ReD one.

Down 2 in 7th inning and try to steal......another solid decision by Villar

How the offense has been going a steal there is a smart decision especially to stay out of the double play.

I'm okay with the steal. Took a perfect throw and tag to get him. Just happy to see him collect a couple hits today and hopefully continue moving forward and producing.

wow this team stayed in first place for over a month a lost it in just 4 days wow.

I had us 4-6 on the road trip well that not going to happen.

DS does not have to worry about what Prospects to move at this point.

I agree Sogard needs to come back fast and I will sit Broxton or at least platoon him with Philips.

I also would give Barnes a hand a closing some game at this point.

But again Knew this team was playing over its head most of the year so far.

Pirates did nearly everything right in this series, while the Brewers didn't:

* Getting hits with runners in scoring position.

* Two out RBIs.

* Beating the shift with opposite field hits.

* Better fundamentals on the base paths and in the field.

Right now, that's the difference in a four-game series with all games being close, making it a series sweep for the Pirates instead of a split or even a Brewers' series win. Some of that is "bat luck" with the flare shots that dropped in for hits, but part of it is approach/skill.

When we play the Pirates--or especially the Cardinals--I just kind of expect that to happen. But what's more concerning is it seems like we don't expect such performances from the Brewers, and haven't for several seasons. Instead, we just anticipate the high strikeout totals, errors in the field, bad base running, etc.

Yeah, the offense is just slumping a bit now. I think we could all anticipate some extended slumps with the free swingers on this team. For the most part they've worked around it with different guys getting hot and being versatile and playing matchups and hot hands. I don't see much difference now other than them not hitting the clutch 2-3 run homers.

The pitching has been fine just need to wake the bats up. Everything went right for Pittsburgh so I guess good on them. Still in first place. Can't let this series dictate the next one.

That's baseball. When things are going your way, it's fun. When things aren't going your way, it all goes against you. Bad calls, opponent bloop RBIs, and all the other shakes that can go against you. Until today, the Dodgers, Red Sox and Brewers were the only teams in MLB to not be swept this season (I don't really count 2 game series as a sweep.) Will the Brewers nosedive from here on? I don't know but I doubt it. It's going to take a lot more than this for me to pull the pin on 2017.

Verified Member

Well, the Pirates are a hot team right now and everything fell in for them. The Crew needs to go to Philly and start hitting with men in scoring position. A different umpiring crew will help too.

Still in first place and the Cubs are off today. So there's that.

Archived