Brewer Fanatic

2017-07-20: Brewers (Nelson) at Pirates (Taillon) 11:35 AM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-2]

hawing

Getaway matinee. As in, get away from PNC?

BREWERS

2B Jonathan Villar (S)

RF Domingo Santana ®

1B Jesus Aguilar ®

3B Travis Shaw (L)

LF Hernan Perez ®

C Manny Pina ®

CF Brett Phillips (L)

SS Orlando Arcia ®

RHP Jimmy Nelson ®

PIRATES

LF Starling Marte ®

3B Josh Harrison ®

CF Andrew McCutchen ®

1B Josh Bell (S)

RF Gregory Polanco (L)

2B Adam Frazier (L)

SS Max Moroff (S)

C Chris Stewart ®

RHP Jameson Taillon ®

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Why did he slide? Sliding slows you down. Have you ever seen an Olympic sprinter slide across the finish line?"

The Pittsburgh announcers didn't like the slide into first base.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Pérez has to have the worst plate eye in MLB. His plate patience is just atrocious.

It's what keeps him a bench player. His game has not improved in getting on base for it to warrant more playing time.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Pérez has to have the worst plate eye in MLB. His plate patience is just atrocious.

Stranding a leadoff double, good way to start today.

This is getting beyond stale. He could be so much better if he swung at strike. Your Estrada comparison is pretty spot on sadly.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I know that strikeouts don't matter (compared to other outs) but I feel like they're the big elephant in the room right now with the offense struggling. We're getting tons of guys on and just striking out at a huge rate. Hits with men on base would be much preferable than weak ground outs and pop ups, but we're just not even making contact right now.

Strike outs do matter. Productive outs like the one Arica had that both drove in a run and moved a runner over is how you play the game.

Yep. What we need is more guys who ground out on the first pitch to move runners over. More Yuni B's.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Archived