Brewer Fanatic

2017 NL Central Race

We should probably trade Shaw, Knebel, Santana and Nelson. Get more prospects and maybe try to win in the 2020's.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

We should probably trade Shaw, Knebel, Santana and Nelson. Get more prospects and maybe try to win in the 2020's.

Perhaps you should have typed that in blue? ;)

I figured there was enough stank on it that it wasn't needed.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Only trade prospects who are blocked and running out of protection (40 man is getting tighter) for small filler additions... or stand pat. Start making good in game decisions instead of reacting to decisions of previous days (pull gatza didnt work... leave suter guerra in didnt work). Stop throwing scahill in high leverage innings.

Enjoy the fact that arcia shaw santana nelson anderson knebel and barnes are better than any of us could have hoped for at this point. Enjoy the fact that we have just started to see hader... are waiting on woodruff... and burnes is insane. Understand our biggest hole in our current lineup has 2 of our better most developed prospects on the horizon.

Root for wins... remember its not supposed to be tangible til 2019.

Teams go on hot streaks and cold streaks. Silly to make any conclusion about anything after 4 days. Assuming this is a sign of the Cubs speeding up or us slowing down is way too soon.

The Cubs won 5 games in a row at the start of June. I bet everyone assumed they were speeding up then too, but they followed it up with four straight losses.

Yeah I'd say I'm only moderately panik'ing. Pitching hasn't been awful, although we've had and blown leads in all(?) of our recent losses. However, it really seems like the offense is the big culprit here, horrific strike zones notwithstanding. Hopefully we can get those bats going again like they were before the break and get on a nice 7-3 streak.

Teams go on hot streaks and cold streaks. Silly to make any conclusion about anything after 4 days. Assuming this is a sign of the Cubs speeding up or us slowing down is way too soon.

The Cubs won 5 games in a row at the start of June. I bet everyone assumed they were speeding up then too, but they followed it up with four straight losses.

Silly comparison. Cubs have now win 6 straight and have home games coming up. They now have Q. And will be getting Hendricks back soon. It's a completely different team.

Silly comparison. Cubs have now win 6 straight and have home games coming up. They now have Q. And will be getting Hendricks back soon. It's a completely different team.

Silly? Give me a break. He compared a team using this year. Will it happen? Who knows? But to call that silly and be dismissive to another poster? Now that's silly.

yeah, and its an entirely different month of weather, hot days at wrigley can change how a ball flies out of the field/stadium.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Perhaps you should have typed that in blue? ;)

I figured there was enough stank on it that it wasn't needed.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry here...

Yeah I'd say I'm only moderately panik'ing. Pitching hasn't been awful, although we've had and blown leads in all(?) of our recent losses. However, it really seems like the offense is the big culprit here, horrific strike zones notwithstanding. Hopefully we can get those bats going again like they were before the break and get on a nice 7-3 streak.

Striking out at an alarming rate and not being able to at least put the ball in play has killed us during this losing streak. :(

Archived