Brewer Fanatic

2017-07-19: Brewers (Davies) at Pirates (Cole) 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 3-2, 10 innings]

hawing
  • Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cubs have shaved 4 games off our lead in 4 days, won 6 in a row, and finally playing to preseason expectations.

We've blown 4 leads in 6 days and haven't scored over 3 runs in 5 straight games. But let's not panic!

Cubs have shaved 4 games off our lead in 4 days, won 6 in a row, and finally playing to preseason expectations.

We've blown 4 leads in 6 days and haven't scored over 3 runs in 5 straight games. But let's not panic!

Hey, Keon and Thames are close. I can feel it. Keep trotting them out there.

The Pirates have landed a full broadside on the Brewers.

Unless the offense gets in gear, the whole divisional lead will be pissed away by the weekend. Not even an unexpected excellent start from Davies was enough. Just about all the weaknesses in the offense have been exposed in the last four games.

Letting Broxton play through being bad is less tolerable in a lineup that's forgotten how to score runs. Brinson has a 13 game hitting streak, and 16 out of 17 games since being sent down. Stick him out there.

The Brewers are the only NL central team in the last decade to be in first at the break and miss the playoffs in 2007, 2014 and ....

If you want to be a jabroni...dont come back. If you want to have some decent conversations stick around.

Any knowledgeable brewer fan knows the Cubs are a better team.

Offense sucks right now it is either Shaw or Santana lately getting hits. You can't win many games only scoring a total of 12 runs over a 5-game period that is a 2.4 runs per game average. If you are only scoring about 2 runs a game you are not going to win many if any games over that period.

The Brewers are the only NL central team in the last decade to be in first at the break and miss the playoffs in 2007, 2014 and ....

If you want to be a jabroni...dont come back. If you want to have some decent conversations stick around.

Any knowledgeable brewer fan knows the Cubs are a better team.

Some really were starting to believe that the Cubs really were a slightly less than . 500 team with a terrible rotation and a joke of a lineup outside of Rizzo and Bryant.

Broxton makes great plays but he just can't hit. CC needs to make a decision about the CF position.

I mean his other option right now is Phillips and he hasn't exactly lit the world on fire and his 30% strikeout rate playing half his games in probably the most hitter friendly park in professional baseball doesn't exactly scream this guy is going to be able to hit major league pitching.

Broxton makes great plays but he just can't hit. CC needs to make a decision about the CF position.

I don't think it's CC's decision to make. That being said, this teams needs offense and a change up out there makes sense.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Sure hope we go out and get Neshek now

9 posts in and it is easy to tell you're a turd.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

July? I don't think we make it to Sunday in first place. I'm serious.

Even if we are not, then that is it? It's a marathon season. We have deep talent, scrappers, and a smart GM who wants to send in reinforcements...... The division and two wild cards are in play.

Fangraphs still has us as one of the least talented teams in baseball. I can't agree with that, but it's totally possible we've just been playing well over our heads.

I haven't thought we'd win the division when we were 5.5 up and still don't. But I'd much rather end up being wrong than be validated.

We are absolutely one of the least talented rosters in baseball. That's not opinion. Our guys are in many cases throw ins and waiver types. Based on career averages and prospect status we don't have much at the MLB level that is elite.

This is just a team that played way over their heads in part due to a great manager and in part due to team chemistry.

It was fun while it lasted but this is not a talented team. I agree. I so wish that the fangraphs and analytics were wrong but they aren't.

The offense is in a slump and the bullpen is simply not good.

I don't think it's CC's decision to make. That being said, this teams needs offense and a change up out there makes sense.

Even though you're against playing Thames less?

Well, a decision to sell might be much easier if they keep this up for another week. Not as talented as the Cubs and falling further and further behind in the wildcard.

I'm not sure the Brewers have anything to realistically sell. Nobody wants Braun with all the injuries. Anderson is injured. Most of the other players doing well are pieces for next year and beyond. I guess we can sell Garza but not really sure what we would get for him.

I don't want them to buy at this point but it seems more like a stand pat type of situation.

You are correct No knowing brewer fan does not believe the Cubs are not the better team. I have sad that DS should wait till after this full Road trip before deciding what to do. I can't see him making a all in move for Gray or any other starter. This team is more than one starter away the hitting is way to up and down to make a serious run.

The umpiring crew in this series has been just a total joke. This crew is Exhibit A for those who say "Umpires do a great job."

I do think that last replay clearly showed it hit his shin. Ball definitely changed direction.

Yeah I'm not sure if it did or not, but still, make a call .

We didn't lose this game because of umpires

Archived