Brewer Fanatic

2017-07-18: Brewers (Guerra) at Pirates (Nova) 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-3]

hawing
No. They adjust the height of the zone for every player.

Does anyone know how this happens? Every time I see FoxTrax or MLB Gameday the zone is the exact same size.

They have a guy in the press box with every batter's stance on a computer and he then adjusts the strike zone based on the batter's stance. It takes about 5 seconds and can be saved so they don't have to do it every time a batter comes up.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, looks like they do. Here is Gameday today for George Springer (left) and Jose Altuve (right).

http://i.imgur.com/oIEg4Wb.png

Bring on the autostrikes if we can then eliminate install replay completely so I can actually get excited when a call goes the Brewer's way

No. They adjust the height of the zone for every player.

Does anyone know how this happens? Every time I see FoxTrax or MLB Gameday the zone is the exact same size.

They have a guy in the press box with every batter's stance on a computer and he then adjusts the strike zone based on the batter's stance. It takes about 5 seconds and can be saved so they don't have to do it every time a batter comes up.

"The Strike Zone shall be determined from the batter's stance as the batter is prepared to swing at a pitched ball."

In theory the strike zone can change from pitch to pitch. That's a bit extreme but is possible by rule. My biggest problem with going to an automated strike zone is because of the top and bottom, it's defined but static. The plate is a fixed point, it's always going to be in the same place. I've seen pitches in the dirt that were strikes according to Gameday.

Welp Cubs win again. Any thoughts on what we need to do here?

Hope they stop?

Honestly, nothing much, we have no control over what they do aside from their games against us.

And on that note, for those still hoping for the division, there is hope -- 10 games left against the Cubs represents a massive possible 20 game swing in the standings, so regardless of the slumps and streaks, if we were to somehow have the Cubs' number the rest of the way, that alone might be enough. If we were to go 8-2 against them, for instance, that alone would propel the lead back to 7.5 with about 2 months of other games aside.

Is it likely? Nope, not at all but you really never can tell when one team is going to own another over a short period of time.

With the more likely scenario that our ceiling is probably 5 or 6 wins against them, it's possible for the Rockies to play .500 ball or worse the rest of the way which would give us a shot to get in that way.

Archived