Brewer Fanatic

2017-07-18: Brewers (Guerra) at Pirates (Nova) 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-3]

hawing
13 hits and 3 runs.......that's hard to do.

That would be a lot better without the call on Santana in the 3rd and then the CS by Perez. I can't understand the later, the prior though just made no sense. I'm also unsure why that play wouldn't be review-able. Didn't they get 6 straight hits in that inning, the last 2 coming with 2 out?

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tough to win when you don't score more than three. Umps don't determine outcomes, but they did cost the Crew a run in about the only way that's still possible with instant replay.

Offense needs a big hit with runners on at some point. Davies and Nelson in the last two, and I do think the offense will wake up. Still 8 over .500 and 4 over for July. They'll get back on track.

I wish they would've won just to save on the number of pointless threads that will be started in the next 24 hours trying to "fix" this team.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

And the current free fall continues. Need to right the ship ASAP...

What a free fall. We have lost 1.5 games in the standings. Time to tear down and rebuild again.

No, we have lost 2.5, will be either 2 or 3 depending on what happens with the Cubs tonight.

A machine that gets it right.

So...people in favor of a machine aren't looking for one that just guesses?

I have no idea what you are asking here . You know they have the technology to call the zone with totsl accuracy, right?

Yup 2.5. And one other thing to keep in mind is that the Cubs have a more favorable schedule than we do going down the stretch. They've played more games on the road than we have. So honestly, as things look now, I think we can all pretty much acknowledge this isn't looking very good.

Relax guys, our last 3 games we have 28 hits but only 7 runs, and our crappy bullpen guys have been the ones giving up the runs. We have been 3 for 23 with RISP, and one of those got a player thrown out at the plate. Just the ups and downs of things, we will not carry a .130 RISP the rest of the season. In my experience these kind of stat leads to the most frustration and most "the season is over" reactions. Each SP in these 3 games has been good enough for us to win, we will turn it around.

I have no idea what you are asking here . You know they have the technology to call the zone with totsl accuracy, right?

If we're going to deal it needs to be done now. No sense in letting it get out of hand and throwing the division race away.

I'd actually prefer they waited. If they're tied or behind the Cubs by the time the deadline comes, I don't see any point in trying to add anyone.

You could program the machines to blow a call a couple times a game to keep it somewhat human ; )

But seriously, if replay is acceptable why not get most important part of baseball right-wing balls and strikes.

Can we just start Agulair at 1b, Sogard (when healthy) at 2b, and call up Brinson to play CF?

Benching Thames eh? Man I wish you were the manager of this team. Might wanna check out his July stat line and overall numbers. Or maybe to hell with those because he didn't get a hit to win the game tonight.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

If we're going to deal it needs to be done now. No sense in letting it get out of hand and throwing the division race away.

I'd actually prefer they waited. If they're tied or behind the Cubs by the time the deadline comes, I don't see any point in trying to add anyone.

Wait? The Cubs are likely to be ahead of us by the end of the week or at the very least by the end of the series against the Nats.

Are you being serious? Yeah, I understand that.....I think it was pretty obvious I wasn't being serious.

A bad call is annoying. It doesn't mean I'd prefer to rely on a machine to call strikes and take a great deal of the nuance out of pitching and catching.

Wait? The Cubs are likely to be ahead of us by the end of the week or at the very least by the end of the series against the Nats.

Ok, if this is true...neither of us have absolutely any idea if it is since the Brewers have bounced back time and time again from small losing streaks, then I don't think anyone we add is gonna make a difference. Which would mean giving up prospects just to watch the Cubs pull away.

If we're behind the Cubs at the end of the week, then Sonny Gray or whoever we add short of a legitimate ace isn't going to matter.

Are you being serious? Yeah, I understand that.....I think it was pretty obvious I wasn't being serious.

A bad call is annoying. It doesn't mean I'd prefer to rely on a machine to call strikes and take a great deal of the nuance out of pitching and catching.

How does it take the nuance out of pitching and catching? Pitchers are still going to look for weaknesses and try to hit corners. How does that change anything other than discovering, "Hey, this umpire is giving 3 inches off the outside corner unfairly, so let's try to hit that spot that isn't a strike but will be called a strike."

That's the part of the game you want to preserve?

Ok, if this is true...neither of us have absolutely any idea if it is since the Brewers have bounced back time and time again from small losing streaks, then I don't think anyone we add is gonna make a difference. Which would mean giving up prospects just to watch the Cubs pull away.

If we're behind the Cubs at the end of the week, then Sonny Gray or whoever we add short of a legitimate ace isn't going to matter.

Not necessarily. We can trade for someone with control so it's not only about this season. Don't you want to compete in 2018/2019? Or shall we just continue to let the Cubs have their way with everyone?

They already have machines that are more accurate than umpires.

To be fair...according to the machines that is. I still do not understand how they adjust for the correct top and bottom of the zone, looks like the same exact strike zone for every hitter.

Nuance existing in pitching and catching is just a bad thing, you are describing why a robot ump is the way to go.

Archived