Brewer Fanatic

2017-07-18: Brewers (Guerra) at Pirates (Nova) 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-3]

hawing
  • Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where's your too close to take line, Bill? Or does that only apply to opponent batters? Shut the hell up.

Drives me up the wall. It's a ball. Call it a damn ball.

And if he swings he's not doing anything anyway. He's gonna either swing through it or he's going to hit a weak ground ball on a 97 MPH fastball down and away.

Where's your too close to take line, Bill? Or does that only apply to opponent batters? Shut the hell up.

Yeah, really hate to hear the Brewers announcers sticking up for the Brewers players....

I'm just saying, he's making it sound like the worst call in the world when it's not even the worst call in the game and he constantly harps on the "too close to take" on pitches that are off the plate but now, somehow, it's different. Like umpires, be consistent. If you're going to say it's too close to take for an opponent, then it's too close for Shaw to take.

Yeah, really hate to hear the Brewers announcers sticking up for the Brewers players....

I'm just saying, he's making it sound like the worst call in the world when it's not even the worst call in the game and he constantly harps on the "too close to take" on pitches that are off the plate but now, somehow, it's different. Like umpires, be consistent. If you're going to say it's too close to take for an opponent, then it's too close for Shaw to take.

It's not the worst call in the game because of the phantom call at 2nd. It was still a terrible call. And he's a fan and a former player. He's with these guys 162 games a year. Obviously he has an emotional investment in the game.

And it's not at all like the Umpires. He made a comment. The Umps have a direct impact on the game.

I totally agree with what he said after Shaw 'struck out.' I also totally agree that Bill needs to quit whining about close 3-2 pitches being too close to take when they're balls and it makes him look ridiculous now.

Can't blame Counsell because he's been tossed, but it seems just silly to not double switch so that Aguilar can hit in the 9 spot.

Is it really that important to have Torres pitch another inning?

Really frustrated by that phantom call on Santana.

Phantom 3rd strike call didn't help either. These umpires suck.

Come on Brewers. Steal one finally.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I really can't understand anyone who is still against turning the strike zone over to machines. These guys are a joke. Despite all the talk about how good they are at their job, they're not. They miss calls left and right .

I really can't understand anyone who is still against turning the strike zone over to machines. These guys are a joke. Despite all the talk about how good they are at their job, they're not. They miss calls left and right .

It's frustrating, but I just can't stand the idea of having a machine call strikes.

Should Arcia be on the move here in right away?

Archived