Brewer Fanatic

2017-07-18: Brewers (Guerra) at Pirates (Nova) 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-3]

hawing
  • Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Verified Member

I'm not ready to say it was fun while it lasted, but things are not going well right now.

Thames needs to get going. Buxton is great defensively but is hurting the team with his lack of hitting.

I'm not ready to say it was fun while it lasted, but things are not going well right now.

Thames needs to get going. Buxton is great defensively but is hurting the team with his lack of hitting.

Thames has been terrible since April. I hate to even think where we would be without Shaw, he's definitely our MVP. Santana and Braun hit well enough but there's no one other than Shaw capable of carrying our offense.

Verified Member
Yes, Shaw is a big reason this team has been in first place so far. He has come into his own with the Brewers. Also I think a better manager and a better coaching staff has helped him too. He has always had the power but this year he's hitting for average and even stealing bases.

Its only been a couple games and this one isn't over but it sure feels like the bottom is about to fall out

Could that possibly be the voice in the back of your head just jumping to that conclusion because the fact that this team is even near .500 at this point is a surprise?

We'll see how this one finishes up, but at the very least, despite losing it in the 6th Guerra was extremely encouraging tonight. Velocity was good, movement was excellent...so I'll feel better about him moving forward.

Its only been a couple games and this one isn't over but it sure feels like the bottom is about to fall out

Heard that two weeks ago. Take a breather people.

Agreed. Obviously being a Brewer fan it's easy to be pessimistic, but there is so much of the season left.

I've thought that about a dozen times this year. So far every time the Brewers have looked bad for a stretch, they've bounced back and run off 3 or 4 in a row. Hard to see that continuing without another reliever or two emerging though...

I think we're perfectly capable of not collapsing -- hopefully. The problem is going to be that the Cubs are much, much more capable than they played in the first half, particularly now with Quintana.

Agreed. Obviously being a Brewer fan it's easy to be pessimistic, but there is so much of the season left.

That's kinda why I'm pessimistic...

Archived