Brewer Fanatic

2017-07-18: Brewers (Guerra) at Pirates (Nova) 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-3]

hawing
  • Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Too bad it isn't 4-3 like it should be.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I don't know why you pull him there. Bases are clear now, might as well leave him out there, there is no good had in pulling him

McCutchen hit him hard twice already, despite not having any hits to show for it. I'm fine with them taking Guerra out there after giving up 2 HRs and a walk in that inning. Wonder if the Brewers will double-switch w/ Phillips in the top of the 7th.

I don't know why you pull him there. Bases are clear now, might as well leave him out there, there is no good had in pulling him

McCutchen hit him hard twice already, despite not having any hits to show for it. I'm fine with them taking Guerra out there after giving up 2 HRs and a walk in that inning. Wonder if the Brewers will double-switch w/ Phillips in the top of the 7th.

This is why you don't pull him, let him finish. Build his confidence instead of showing you don't have any in him. Relievers pitching with 1/3 left in a middle inning is one of the worst moves in baseball. I saw the stat one time that the worst era in baseball is a 1/3 situation, the author was saying it's because they have in their mind that they may be put back out the next inning so it changes the way they pitch. Either way I leave Guerra out there after the HR every single time with a pitch count in the 60s

Its only been a couple games and this one isn't over but it sure feels like the bottom is about to fall out

There was going to come a stretch where the Brewers played .400 ball and the Cubs and Cardinals played 1.000 ball. I'm just shocked it took until mid-July. Cubs have a brutal stretch early August that will keep us "hanging around" but I full expect the Brewers to play closer to .460-.480 ball the rest of the way.

Archived