Brewer Fanatic

Guerra activated, Vogt to DL and more

markedman5

depending on how things shake out, both michael blazek and tyler webb could enter 2018 spring training without having burned their 2017 options. blazek only spent a couple days optioned at the beginning of the season before being outrighted, and was only optioned for four days this month. webb has only spent one day (as a yankee) optioned to the minor leagues.

I was wondering how Blazek could be recalled so soon but I guess he takes Vogt's spot and is considered an injury replacement.

worked out quite conveniently for the brewers. not so convenient for the likes of taylor jungmann, jorge lopez or paolo espino--all of whom have been optioned for at least 10 days.

Now im convinced if we trade for gray he will get hurt. All of our ex A's are getting hurt!
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I honestly had no idea Rivera was even on the roster.

He pinch hit against the Cubs late in the makeup game on July 6th. He was called up when Sogard went on the DL.

I knew he was up. Just not why...

I knew (Rivera) was up. Just not why...

eric sogard had gone on the disabled list. they were being cautious with ryan braun's return from his calf injury. recalling rivera allowed them to use hernan perez as their primary backup outfielder and with rivera covering the infield.

since cutting kirk nieuwenhuis, the brewers have pretty much gone without a true center fielder other than keon broxton.

Archived