Brewer Fanatic

New Leadoff hitter

mlloyd10

My first thought was Arcia too, but he seems to be struggling lately.

It's funny how quickly baseball changes. Letting go of Scooter made so much sense during Spring, and I felt really good about our 2B situation coming into the year. Now, that seems like the black hole of the offense, Sogard's hot few weeks aside. It all happens so fast.

Not to say I want Scooter back. I don't. But Villar has regressed a lot, even as someone who expected him to come back to earth.

eric thames leading off today . . . very unusual move. i'd either go with orlando arcia or domingo santana for the time being.

Thames offers power and the willingness to take a walk. Good skills for leadoff. Shaw and Braun are the only other guys on the team I see with those. Considering his diminished skills and the fact that there are other power hitters in the lineup I'd love to see Braun leadoff but I doubt that will ever happen.

Santana would be the best lead off hitter on the current roster now that Sogard has cooled. Good patience and OBP. Some power but not to the point where he's hitting just a bunch of solo HRs because no ones getting ahead of him. Thames has had that issue (he hasn't lead off but batting after the pitcher then Villar so much = bases empty a lot

Archived