Brewer Fanatic

2017-07-17: Brewers (Suter) at Pirates (Kuhl) 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-2]

hawing
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And Perez hacks at Ball 4.

Took some tough pitches, and swings at one way inside. Wish he would take a walk every now and then.

Its a shame because he can do pretty much everything else, hit for some power, runs well, can play serviceable D anywhere, but his plate eye is just the worst and it doesn't look like that will ever change. Johnny Estrada-like eye.

Interesting question but I wonder if it is too late now, he has never seen a lefty pitch standing in the LH box since he was probably 10 years old or never. I wonder if there are any cases of MLB hitters giving it up

I know this is completely different because this is MLB and I was little league and high school doing this but when I first started playing baseball I would bat right handed. It felt natural to me even though I'm left handed. So when I was around 11 I decided to try switch hitting. Picking up the ball wasn't tough or anything and I eventually got okay hitting left handed but was never completely comfortable doing it.

After about 4 years I decided to switch back to just right handed. Since my left hand is my dominant hand I always felt more comfortable and in control having my dominant hand on the bottom of the bat. Since he throws right handed, I would assume Villar's right hand is dominant and I'm just wondering if he's like me where having his dominant hand on the bottom of the bat gives him more control to the point where it would be advantageous to just scrap hitting right handed so he could feel more comfortable batting, even if it's against a tougher left handed pitcher.

And yet another scoring chance by the wayside.

Given that this team hasn't won a game trailing after 8 all season, looking like a poor start to the series .

Especially with two lefties coming up.

Yep. Braun absolutely needs to come up big.

Why stop now, steal home

We know Sedar won't be stopping him

Can anyone share the number of outs made at home plate by team. Curious to see how the brewers compare to the rest of league.

Had this discussion in the Ed Sedar thread I believe... Was only about 10 and could think of 4-5 on contact plays or people running through stop signs etc....

Archived