C Francisco Cervelli ®

CF Andrew McCutchen ®

3B David Freese ®

1B Josh Bell (S)

LF Jose Osuna ®

RF Gregory Polanco (L)

SS Jordy Mercer ®

RHP Chad Kuhl ®

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're getting your wish...

Villar

Thames

Braun

Shaw

Santana

Vogt

Arcia

Phillips

Suter

This one feels really important. Coming off the loss yesterday, get the roadtrip off to a nice start. Also the pitching matchups after this one are a bit dicey and Marte is about to return. Don't feel good about this series in general.

Almost all of them seem really important anymore, unless I know the Cubs already lost earlier in the day. That end of July series is going to be pretty intense unless something really bizarre happens.

I'd be pretty happy if they went 5-5, anything above that would be great. Looks like we're going to hit Scherzer for sure. And possibly Strasburg, depending on what they do with the rotation. I think 2-2 in Pitt, 2-1 in Philly and 1-2 vs Nationals. Anything beyond that would be amazing. Anything less than that could spell some trouble, with the Cubs series looming at home after this trip.

We are 1 of 6 teams in the majors to have a winning record on the road. What are the hopes for this long roadtrip? 6 wins?

While the Brewers are at PIT, PHI, and WAS for 10 games, the Cubs have the following 10-game stretch:

3 at ATL

3 vs. STL

2 vs. CHW

2 at CHW

I'd think that the Cubs should be able to go 6-4 during that stretch, up to 8-2.

That would mean that the Brewers probably need to go no worse than 4-6 on the road trip. With the three games in WAS being the last of the 10 games, they really need to get a split or better in PIT. Starting with a win tonight would make that task easier.

Verified Member

I think this road trip is very important. The Cubs are doing well right now and Washington is going to be tough.

This will be a big test for the Crew. If they do well and are still in first place nobody in the league can underestimate them anymore.

Archived