Brewer Fanatic

2017-07-16: Phillies (Hellickson) at Brewers (Garza) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-2 after Webb gives up grand slam]

Invader3K
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

- Walks more than he strikes out

- FIP over 6 (coming into today, who knows what it is now)

That's the guy you turn to in the 6th in a 1 run game with 8 options in your pen.

Scahill should not be on an MLB roster, and if he is it should never, ever be in anything other than mop up duty.

To be fair Barnes and Knebel already pitched 2 games in a row. I would not bring them in to that game in the 6th because of that either. If you are going to pitch them 3 times and then have to go a day without them you better be sure you still have the lead late.

The other options in the bullpen were fair game though. Scahill may be the worst RP in MLB so you can't ever go to him unless you are already down 10 or something.

Verified Member
Scahill should be only on mop-up duty or not here at all. Blazek was doing well and got sent down because of options. Don't agree with it and it shouldn't be the norm.

Please shut up about the '82 Brewers already.

The 1982 team is the point of this weekend.

I get that. I was at the game yesterday. Great ceremony, but as some pointed out yesterday, no one makes a bigger deal about losing a World Series than we do.

It reminds me of a kid I was friends with back in grade school who insisted that Rocky won in the original Rocky movie.

Verified Member

Yay to the Blue Angels. Now for the Crew to get going and win this thing.

Quintana had a good performance in his Cubs debut and they shut out the Orioles. Of course!

I agree with many of you in questioning the bullpen choices in the 6th. Is Scahill the choice in a one run game? Then you go Webb when you have Hughes or Hader? I know Knebel and Hughes have pitched back to back already but why not come with Torres or Drake in the 6th? I was driving along listening to great pinch hit home run from Phillips thinking it would be a great inning of two from Hader once they had the lead but no. It's almost like they didn't realize they were ahead and just kept with Schahill

Scahill should be only on mop-up duty or not here at all. Blazek was doing well and got sent down because of options. Don't agree with it and it shouldn't be the norm.

And the Brewers have to wait 8 more days before calling him back up, unless someone goes on the DL.

Other option is Jungmann, but he pitched today (and very well for that matter) so he's not available for a few days. Espino and Lopez would basically be treading water.

Taylor Williams would be a real interesting option, but you have to take the long view there and let him build up arm strength in a relatively low-pressure environment.

I get that Wang doesn't throw hard and doesn't strike out a lot of guys but he's been getting the job done in a tough environment and was a decent starter last year. Webb is better than Wang, but Wang might be better than Scahill.

I agree with many of you in questioning the bullpen choices in the 6th. Is Scahill the choice in a one run game? Then you go Webb when you have Hughes or Hader? I know Knebel and Hughes have pitched back to back already but why not come with Torres or Drake in the 6th? I was driving along listening to great pinch hit home run from Phillips thinking it would be a great inning of two from Hader once they had the lead but no. It's almost like they didn't realize they were ahead and just kept with Schahill

And if your going to give Torres 2 innings, give him the 6th and the 7th (not the best idea, but better than throwing Schiller out there).

Archived