Brewer Fanatic

2017-07-15: Phillies (Nola) at Brewers (Nelson) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 3-2, 1982-style, with dingers]

hawing

Back in the saddle tonight. Thanks to reillymcshane for starting the IGT Friday.

PHILLIES

LF Daniel Nava (S)

SS Freddy Galvis (S)

3B Maikel Franco ®

1B Tommy Joseph ®

CF Odubel Herrera (L)

C Cameron Rupp ®

RF Nick Williams (L)

2B Ty Kelly (S)

RHP Aaron Nola ®

BREWERS

2B Jonathan Villar (S)

1B Eric Thames (L)

LF Ryan Braun ®

3B Travis Shaw (L)

RF Hernan Perez ®

C Stephen Vogt (L)

SS Orlando Arcia ®

CF Brett Phillips (L)

RHP Jimmy Nelson ®

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hope Sogart gets back quick. Don't know what's wrong with Villar, but time is running out.

The guy has a six game hitting streak going.

Check that... seven.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Coshan was fooled by that Braun flyout very badly

When you yell he got all of it and it ends up 100+ feet short of the wall, that has to be pretty embarrassing :laughing

He must be a closet Cubs fan, getting all excited over pop ups :laughing

I love the Brewers, and was a Senior in high school in '82, but to continuously glorify a second place team like this, and in year's past, just reminds me how hard it has been being a Brewers fan all my life...lol

Kind of sad really...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I love the Brewers, and was a Senior in high school in '82, but to continuously glorify a second place team like this, and in year's past, just reminds me how hard it has been being a Brewers fan all my life...lol

Kind of sad really...

Yeah, I mentioned this is the "82 memories" thread. I just don't know any team in any sport that commemorates not winning a championship like the Brewers do. I hope and pray that this is the last time we make a big deal out of not winning the World Series.

The downgrade in defensive skills with Vogt behind the plate is definitely noticeable. Nelson's wild pitch came back to bite, but I wonder if it would've been blocked by Pina.

Tough to say, but Nelson missed his spot beyond the width of the plate.

The downgrade in defensive skills with Vogt behind the plate is definitely noticeable. Nelson's wild pitch came back to bite, but I wonder if it would've been blocked by Pina.

My thinking, too.

Villar with a hit, he definitely needs to run now. Worst case Ontario, Thames leads off the next inning.

My thinking, too.

Villar with a hit, he definitely needs to run now. Worst case Ontario, Thames leads off the next inning.

haha, worst case Ontario, that is what Brewer fans were thinking in 1993 about Paul Molitor

Archived