Brewer Fanatic

2017-07-14: Phillies (Pivetta) at Brewers (Davies) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 9-6; GS for Braun in 8-run 2nd]

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When Shaw made two outs in the same inning tonight I think that it was the third time in the last couple of weeks that it has happened. Villar did it and I can't remember who the other player was.

The Zach Davies offense is something to behold. What is the MLB record for run support in one season?

interesting question, this year Davies is only 4th across MLB.

NYY Pineda 6.88

COL Senzatela 6.87

CLE Carrasco 5.71

MIL Davies 5.68 (not including tonight)

ARI Ray 5.59

Graphic on tv broadcast had Davies at 7.4 runs per game.

Hmm, looks like there are different ways of calculating it, depending on it you count the entire game's runs or just when the SP is in there. Either way he is not leading MLB this season even

The Zach Davies offense is something to behold. What is the MLB record for run support in one season?

Haha all I can think of is Braden Looper. He may have the Brewer record. Dude was absolute trash. 5.22 ERA and 39 HRs given up...14-7.

I was thinking the same thing, Plush.

By the way for those who were wondering...Going into tonight's game, Davies was 2nd in the majors with 7.4 run support per 9. Leading the way is Colorado's Antonio Senzatela with 8.2

By the way, in Looper's magical '09 season, he led all of baseball with 7.2 run support/9

BBref thinks Davies is 5th in RS/game

Rk Name Tm IP GS RS/GS RS/IP IP/GS

1 JoeRoss WSN 73.2 13 10.6 9.2 5.7

2 MichaelPineda NYY 96.1 17 7.2 5.2 5.7

3 AntonioSenzatela COL 93.1 15 7.2 6.5 5.9

4 MattShoemaker LAA 77.2 14 6.2 5.6 5.5

5 ZachDavies MIL 97.1 18 6.0 6.2 5.4

I keep thinking I'm seeing Spider Man playing catcher for the Phillies.

Wife made the same comment about the Phils catcher. Had to give her credit for that.

I love the Brewers helmets tonight. Keep 'em!

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Davis just painful to watch. Rested pen, give him the boot. Might have put himself lower than Guerra on the totem pole to be the first to lose his spot to an acquisition/Woodruff/Hader/Blazek/Jungmann

Archived