Brewer Fanatic

Tim Dillard (Warning: Don't Click On This If You Value Your Time)

What could the Brewers get for him?

Personally, I don't really want to trade him unless we can get someone like Bellinger or Judge in return.

Then again we have enough OFers already, so it's kinda pointless if they would both be blocked by Braun anyway.

Dillard is maybe a fringe Top 10 prospect but I did find this list that had him at #11. He even got a B-. That's pretty darn good for someone that only carried a C average throughout High School!

https://www.minorleagueball.com/2006/7/26/133727/213

11) Tim Dillard, RHP, B-

3.33 ERA in 111 innings for Huntsville, 70/31 K/BB. Competent strike-thrower who can start or relieve. Doesn't dominate but gets the job done, at least in the minors.

bf4c37caed166e2846801d2e5d1c8ef4.jpg

Let me repeat that...

Doesn't dominate but gets the job done, at least in the minors.

He sure does.

I'd still be willing to move him for a top of the rotation, controlable starter NOT named Sonny Gray. (who sucks BTW)

But I'm worried that if we trade him now, it could set the Brewers rebuild back by a few decades.

What do you fellas think?

What is this?

A strawman, intended to resemble posters who don't want to spend big on pitching at the deadline. Or the ones who overestimate the return we can get for certain prospects. Or both.

According to Patrick OKennedy, "More than 90 percent of players who are going to "make it" to the major leagues will do so within five seasons of being drafted."

Tim Dillard has been in the minors for 15 years. He's obviously seasoned, having 3x the minor league experience as the normal prospect making the majors.

The average MLB career is 5.6 years.

Extrapolating the numbers, we can easily assume that Tim's MLB career, should it start in earnest later this year, should last (5.6 x 3) at least until 2033, when he's roughly 50 years old.

Why would we trade him now when we have over 16 years of MLB production left?

"There's more people to ignore in New York or in Boston than there are in Milwaukee, but I would still ignore them, probably."

-Zack Greinke

I imagine he is taking a stab at the overrating of prospects by some...or I guess the attachment at the hip some have to prospects. If that is the case maybe not the best example list as that one proved to be loaded with quite a few legit players.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

People can get very serious about this kind of stuff, so I'm good with a little humor.

I mean, I saw the title of the thread and just smiled. It worked.

Of course, perhaps I'm the wrong guy to chime in. I'm posting videos of baby goats in pajamas in the minor league forum.

The goats inspired me.

What can I say?

I'm a UW-Madison grad who was the #1 superfan of The Onion (http://www.theonion.com/) publication that got it's start in Madison.

Thought if nothing else this thread would bring some "Tim Dillard" awareness to some of the younger Brewer fans.

Not many know that the Brewers have had the funniest man in professional sports toiling in their farm system for the last dozen or so years.

His twitter videos are pure gold...

My apologies if I wasted the time of anyone that doesn't have a sense of humor.

No one could ever withhold the intrigue of clicking on a thread with such a provocative title as "Tim Dillard". lol

I would only trade hime for a scully or uecker in their prime. Kid is gonna be a star.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

According to Patrick OKennedy, "More than 90 percent of players who are going to "make it" to the major leagues will do so within five seasons of being drafted."

Tim Dillard has been in the minors for 15 years. He's obviously seasoned, having 3x the minor league experience as the normal prospect making the majors.

The average MLB career is 5.6 years.

Extrapolating the numbers, we can easily assume that Tim's MLB career, should it start in earnest later this year, should last (5.6 x 3) at least until 2033, when he's roughly 50 years old.

Why would we trade him now when we have over 16 years of MLB production left?

This is what I'm taking about!

Dillard has staying power.

He already tried a Mississippi Mud Ball and throwing Sidearm to extend his career. As soon as he figures out the knuckleball, baseball will never be able to get rid of him!

dillard_card.jpg

I'm hoping this gets this guy's account suspended for a bit. Waste of the board space and our time.

I absolutely agree...we must deliver out harsh punishment for attempted humor...especially when it's noted in the title.

I'm hoping this gets this guy's account suspended for a bit. Waste of the board space and our time.

I absolutely agree...we must deliver out harsh punishment for attempted humor...especially when it's noted in the title.

Not that I agree about account suspensions, but it wasn't in the title to begin with. It was edited in.

I think your post and my post have a lot more similarities than you think...

The original title was just "Tim Dillard".

I failed to realize how many posters would click on it actually excited that prospect Tim Dillard could be headlining a huge trade deadline move, and then have their confusion turned quickly to anger when they realized it was not the case.

As a courtesy, I added a disclaimer in the thread title.

If I was ever to be banned from Brewerfan.net, god forbid, I just really wanted to go out in a Blaze of Tim Dillard Themed Glory.

0*yHw8tWoL1XVtKtsX.

Archived