Brewer Fanatic

2017-07-09: Brewers (Nelson) at Yankees (Tanaka) 12:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-3]

hawing
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Verified Member

Got him looking! There's our All Star closer that ends this game. It was a real nail biter though.

The Crew takes two out of three from the Yanks in NYC. Love it.

50 wins, 10 games over .500, and 5.5 game lead in central at the break. Incredible.

50-41 ten games over?

Yes. You just gotta carry the 1.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Perfect timing for the break, team cooled off this weekend but still gutted out a couple wins. Terrible defense and Yankee baserunners like crazy, and still take 2 out of 3. Can regroup and soak in that glorious 5.5 game lead for the next 4 days.
I am not Shea Vucinich

That was... tense. Especially with yesterday in mind. I was really nervous before this series, but after actually seeing the Yankees play I would've been very disappointed to not win the series. Pitching overall was good this series, blown save aside. Some good offensive performances; good to see Villar get going with the bat.

Waaaaay too sloppy on defense though. A ton of errors, and even beyond that some poor plays that gave up a lot of hits/steals that we shouldn't have.

Out of Kontrol Knebel about to blow this.

Maybe your magic ball wasn't worth the money you paid for it.

Lmao without the terrible ump he probably walks Gregorious and Sanchez.

Well you're a ray of sunshine.

Only strike 3 to Sanchez was out of the zone, and certainly generous. Otherwise all the other strikes were in the zone or swing and misses. Gregorious' 3 strikes were one clearly in the zone (to the eye and K-zone) and two swinging. But yeah that was the ump. :rolleyes

I am not Shea Vucinich

I suppose swinging at 2 strikes was that umps doing.

I do agree that the up had a bad zone in favor of Milwaukee today, but they are pretty poor every game, so I'm not surprised.

Archived