Brewer Fanatic

2017-07-08: Brewers (Suter) at Yankees (Severino) 12:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-3, on walkoff]

hawing
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been at my daughters softball tournament all day so I have been following the game on my phone. This loss will be blamed on Knebel, and yes he has not been as lights out recently like he was a couple of weeks ago, but he shouldn't receive all of the blame. This game turned in the 7th inning. Suter pitched great, six scoreless innings. He did his job. You are entering the all star break and have virtually the entire bullpen at your disposal. Why even put him out there in that position in the seventh. Come with Hughes right away. Maybe Hughes gives up two runs but I doubt it, those couple of runs gave the Yankees and their fans momentum and then the 9th came about as we all know. That game is entirely different in the 9th if it's 3-0 instead of 3-2.

CC should be questioned as to why he made that decision in the 7th. At least pull Suter after the double. The kid did his job and deserved better. And yes this will sound like hindsight is 20/20 stuff but as God is my witness I was questioning aloud why the switch didn't happen right away in the 7th or after the double. Anyone else wonder about that decision?

Go Brewers! And I once again realize why I can't stand the Yankees.

Verified Member
CC should have gotten Suter out of there after the double. CC is better than a lot of managers with the hook but sometimes he waits too long. Today was one of those days.

I came here just to read the last two pages. Didn't watch any of the game but know Knebel blew it. Not at all surprised by the comments. I understand the in game threads are mainly in the moment thoughts but seriously, some of the stuff posted about Corey is ridiculous. He's been the best pitcher on the team all year, he blows one game and he's a bum that sucks and shouldn't be closing anymore? PA-LEASE.

You hold the Yankees offense to 2 runs thru 8. Knebel walks 2 guys and gives a homer. It's his fault. It's his job to seal the deal.

**** happens.

A couple nights ago the D-Backs had a 4-1 lead on the Dodgers in the bottom of the 9th with Rodney coming in, they never even recorded an out.

Nobody likes to lose games when they lead in the 9th inning but luckily the Brewers have won most of their games and lead in the 9th a ton this year, they're likely going to lose more leads in the 9th than their opponents.

Also my buddy had a big parlay bet online $11 bucks to win $350 and change, he posted a screen cap of it as that game went into the 9th, he needed the D-Backs to win to finish it.

Karma always wins. Never, ever post a pic of a ticket before it hits, ever.

You hold the Yankees offense to 2 runs thru 8. Knebel walks 2 guys and gives a homer. It's his fault. It's his job to seal the deal.

Arguably the easiest job out of all the bullpen. Know when you're coming in, know that there are zero men on base, and know you have 3 outs to get. Unlike situations such as what Hughes inherited. It's all on Knebel, closing is overrated.

I'd love to switch Barnes and Knebels roles.

I wish they didn't have roles. Bullpen Management mired in the 80's. All the data and machines to crunch it in seconds and we still have defined roles in MLB? Aye yi yi.

4 blown saves in 17 chances.

Except that doesnt count all the holds he had as a setup man. Incredibly misleading.

Yep. In reality he's 28 of 32.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

the closer has one role and he failed to do his job his fault. He seems to pitch better when used a lot

and it getting old things are ok if the cubs lose too but this sjould have been a win. I agree CC should have used as many arms to finish out this game

But hey today's only half bad, the Cubs...

LOSE!

Magic number down to 70!

This is all that matters to me - the Cubs lost. Go Brewers!

Archived