Brewer Fanatic

2017-07-08: Brewers (Suter) at Yankees (Severino) 12:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-3, on walkoff]

hawing

BREWERS

2B Jonathan Villar (S)

1B Eric Thames (L)

LF Ryan Braun ®

3B Travis Shaw (L)

RF Domingo Santana ®

DH Jesus Aguilar ®

C Stephen Vogt (L)

CF Keon Broxton ®

SS Orlando Arcia ®

[LHP Brent Suter]

YANKEES

DH Brett Gardner (L)

RF Aaron Judge ®

C Gary Sanchez ®

SS Didi Gregorius (L)

3B Chase Headley (S)

CF Jacoby Ellsbury (L)

LF Clint Frazier ®

1B Austin Romine ®

2B Ronald Torreyes ®

[RHP Luis Severino]

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"We believe in Stephen Vogt! We believe in Stephen Vogt!"

Villar still at the top of the batting order and in the lineup is the definition of a long leash. Man oh man, after yesterday I think I'd have Hernan playing 2B, but I trust in Craig.

Go Brewers!

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

The Yankees are in free fall now. We should at the very least win the series if not a sweep.

Vogt might be the oldest looking and least athletic 32 year old I have ever seen. But if he keeps hitting the way he has it's all good. I love that swing in Yankee stadium.

"We believe in Stephen Vogt! We believe in Stephen Vogt!"

Villar still at the top of the batting order and in the lineup is the definition of a long leash. Man oh man, after yesterday I think I'd have Hernan playing 2B, but I trust in Craig.

Go Brewers!

Craig has these guys playing at career highs almost across the board except for Braun. I trust the man.

Speaking of line ups, what's with managers these days? Didi is hitting clean up for the Yankees btw. Shwarber is not a lead off man and the pitcher shouldn't be hitting 8th.

I'm guessing (hoping) Craig is giving Villar every chance to turn it around while Sogard is on the DL. Bat leadoff, no looking over your shoulder, prove you've still go it.

If he doesn't, then it should be Sogard's job when he returns, at least against every RHP we face.

I am not Shea Vucinich

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
You periodic reminder that Domingo Santana is 24 years old.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Santana with a perfectly placed homer. Love it. Kid just keeps hitting. Hopefully the fans will get on board with him because he's a keeper.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Throws 100 and gets two inches off the plate. Good luck to any hitter.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Arcia says take that "error" and stuff it!

Loved that AB with Suter vs Judge. It's like they were having a contest to see who could get ready first. Multiple pitches where Judge never broke his stance between pitches. TV broadcast said first 3 pitches of AB took 22 seconds.

I know Suter isn't this good, but how the heck did Espino ever get a start?

Sometimes it comes down to timing of who's spot in the rotation is closest to the day they need the fill in. Not sure if that was the case but Suter might have just pitched before they needed the fill in.

I know Suter isn't this good, but how the heck did Espino ever get a start?

The numbers from 2015 and 2016 in the minors said otherwise.

These starts are better than what I expected on a constant basis, but who needs a TOR guy? If Suter keeps pitchin' like this, he IS the TOR guy we need...

Archived