Brewer Fanatic

2017-07-07: Brewers (Guerra) at Yankees (Montgomery) 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 9-4. Aguilar hits go-ahead grand slam.]

hawing
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do I see that right? The IBB of Shaw to get to the guy who has already homered? Even with 2 walks previously this inning? Bold move, Cotton!

Obviously didn't work, but made sense to get righty/righty.

Once again, it would be really nice if Jesus or Eric could play another position.

Like where? We are pretty set at 3rd, pretty set in the corner OF, though Eric can kind of sort of fake it in left.

Our lineup is pretty set most everywhere. Good problem to have.

Once again, it would be really nice if Jesus or Eric could play another position.

Like where? We are pretty set at 3rd, pretty set in the corner OF, though Eric can kind of sort of fake it in left.

Villar could certainly be improved on and even though he's had great streaks Broxton has been generally replaceable offensively.

I like the makeup of this team so much better than the Fielder teams. I feel like top to bottom we have guys that can get on base, work the count and put pressure on the pitchers. Those teams were so hot or cold and we had so many 5 pitch innings it seemed. This is a fun team to watch.

And Cooper is blocked despite an OPS over 1.000 and 77 RBIs. Guess we're all set for the DH to come to the NL :laughing

I like the makeup of this team so much better than the Fielder teams. I feel like top to bottom we have guys that can get on base, work the count and put pressure on the pitchers. Those teams were so hot or cold and we had so many 5 pitch innings it seemed. This is a fun team to watch.

Agree. Loved watching them continue to be locked in every AB, even after the grand slam. You rarely see that.

Villar could certainly be improved on and even though he's had great streaks Broxton has been generally replaceable offensively.

If your centerfielder has a .781 OPS and you consider him generally replaceable offensively you are in real good shape.

You've got to think for as much as they're letting Hader throw tonight that he's being considered for a rotation spot. He's almost to the point of need a full 4 days off. Although they'll probably just option him after the game and bring him back after the all star break.

You've got to think for as much as they're letting Hader throw tonight that he's being considered for a rotation spot. He's almost to the point of need a full 4 days off. Although they'll probably just option him after the game and bring him back after the all star break.

I think he is just pitching a lot because our starter had a short start due to rain. It's not like this was planned. He simply is a guy who has been stretched out this year ready to do the job tonight.

I think he is just pitching a lot because our starter had a short start due to rain. It's not like this was planned. He simply is a guy who has been stretched out this year ready to do the job tonight.

Ya, I'm not saying this was planned. That had to be his longest outing of the year and he looked better than Guerra has looked all year.

Archived