Brewer Fanatic

2017-07-07: Brewers (Guerra) at Yankees (Montgomery) 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 9-4. Aguilar hits go-ahead grand slam.]

hawing
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can see why Counsell is so reluctant to use the words 'bench player' for any position player on this team. There isn't a guy on this 'bench' (Aguilar, Perez, Sogard, Vogt) that isn't starter quality.

I went to Milwaukee last Sunday and witnessed Guerra's last start. Until I saw him pitch in person, I didn't have a good feel for how hard Pina had to work behind the plate. Guerra's control wasn't there, and I couldn't put a number on all of the balls in the dirt that Pina had to block. His splitter produces allot of swings and misses, but I was really surprised that Pina didn't need a week off between Guerra starts.

The way Villar and Santana play defense makes you question if someone else helps them put their glove on.

we may have dodged a HUGE bullet when Villar turned down our offer this past off season... Isan Diaz can't get here soon enough.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

The way Villar and Santana play defense makes you question if someone else helps them put their glove on.

we may have dodged a HUGE bullet when Villar turned down our offer this past off season... Isan Diaz can't get here soon enough.

Quite possible that Keston Hiura gets here first.

What makes Guerra's starts even worse is that he works so painfully slow. So the torture gets extended. He certainly is not getting any help whatsoever from Santana and Villar today though, that should've been a solo HR.

Verified Member

Villar wanted more money and rejected the offer. Well, right here in Yankee Stadium he doesn't look like much. Stearns dodged a bullet.

Jesus didn't do us any favors just now either.

Now the rain and we have a delay.

Miller Park and that roof takes care of things like this. But the very expensive new Yankee Stadium doesn't have that option.

I've coached little league teams with significantly better defense. I feel bad for Guerra. One run earned but down 3-2. Still, he is struggling badly to put away hitters. He just hasn't been able to locate like he needs to in order to succeed with reduced velocity. I give hm credit for battling but maybe he is in need of another DL stint or maybe some time in the pen.

Archived