Brewer Fanatic

August 1st Starting Rotation Predictions

Nelson

Anderson

Garza

Davies

Suter

Think we stand pat. Will give Suter the edge as the current spot holder and to try to stick a lefty in, though Jungmann and Blazek might have a shot. One or two adds via trade will be bullpen arms. Woodruff's missed time will set him back a bit. Guerra winds up on the DL or in AAA.

Well, I wasn't too far off, just waiting on injury returns to have it. Including all the incidental details :)

1 august: jimmy nelson

2 august: brent suter

3 august: hopefully matt garza

4 august: zach davies

5 august: tbd, but in line with four days' rest for taylor jungmann

Saturday will probably be Woodruff, someone said on Twitter. I'd be surprised if Jungmann gets the call before him.

If Garza for some reason isn't ready on the 3rd, they could move up Davies a day and keep him on regular rest, start Woodruff on the 4th and give Garza a couple extra days until the 5th to come back.

Woodruff should get 2-3 starts before Anderson comes back. If he's doing well and Suter is still doing well, I'd guess they go to a 6-man rotation for the rest of the year. Otherwise maybe move Woodruff to the pen for the rest of the year and give him some experience with the big league club like Hader, setting him up for a possible rotation spot in 2018.

Archived