Brewer Fanatic

Baseball America Midseason Top 100 (MLB Pipeline Top 100 at Post #40)

I am kind of torn on Lopez. Yes, he's been converted to a reliever but he has done well at it and it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up as a pretty good bullpen arm. I'm not sure I view him and Medeiros all that differently right now. Having said that, I think he has a better chance than a 16 year old international signing. I think Lopez probably belongs on the list and Rodriguez probably does not.

There are a whole host of guys that fit with McClanahan and Demi. Among them are Peyton Henry, Zach Clark, Gabe Garcia, Lara, Coca, Egnatuk, and Ward. All are youngish and in the low minors and I'm not sure any are established enough to be ranked in the top 30 though any one has enough ceiling to get there.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Wow, do I count 8 players in the top 30 from this past draft and international signing period? Seems like a lot.

That actually is pretty common. Usually 8-10 guys get put into the top 100 from the recent draft.

I should clarify - I erred in reading your post. I thought you were talking about the Top 100 - not the Brewers Top 30. Totally different things. Sorry for that.

Taylor Williams a huge miss - he definitely belongs there. Ponce and Bickford should be higher than Supak - Supak has struggled at A+ so far.

These prospect lists will favor upside, but I give more weight to performance at AA and above so you'll see Hauser (like Williams there is a reason they protected him from the Rule 5), Derby, Wang, Barrios, etc., higher on my list than a Ward/Rodriguez/etc. Even if those guys end up relievers, we've seen that good relief pitching has a lot of value.

So that's six in the top 100 with Hader barely off and Burnes just on the outside. Sure, some of these prospects have lost some of their shine, but not to the extent some would like to believe.

Apparently Isan Diaz was next man up in the MLB Pipeline Top 100 Prospects list as according to Jim Callis (Tweet) he has now entered the list at #100.

Corbin Burnes will be up next when someone graduates. Rosenbaum(one of the voters for said ranking) said Diaz/Burnes were literally back to back ranked.

So rest easy Burnes will be a Top 100 prospect.

Apparently Isan Diaz was next man up in the MLB Pipeline Top 100 Prospects list as according to Jim Callis (Tweet) he has now entered the list at #100.

Corbin Burnes will be up next when someone graduates. Rosenbaum(one of the voters for said ranking) said Diaz/Burnes were literally back to back ranked.

So rest easy Burnes will be a Top 100 prospect.

And then the people that want 7 top 100 prospects as opposed to 7 top 102 prospects can sleep easy at night.

It's funny how people get caught up in someone's opinion of where a prospect ranks. The 2016 archive for MLB Pipeline had Diaz at 97 and he sits at 99 now but some folks on here want to act like that two spot drop is somehow earth shattering. There just isn't all that much difference between a guy ranked 70th and a guy ranked 100th on any of these lists. Sure, we all wish some of these guys had more dominant years but we are still talking about prospects that are the best of the best.

Archived