Brewer Fanatic

Sonny Gray- Let's GO FOR IT! Here's a plan...

So you think 158IP in 28Starts of 2.68ERA with 173Ks to 40BBs .209BAA is over-rating

Also why are you only posting stats from 2016? Why not his 2017 numbers? 14 starts with 4.79 ERA and a 2.91 K/BB ratio vs 4.33 last year? Doesn't make him look as untouchable when you look at more than his best year.

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I know Syndegaard is hurt right now, but he's a 24 year old ace under control through 2021. I love Hader, Woodruff, Ortiz, and Burnes, but if the Mets even pur Syndergaard up for sale, which they won't, that wouldn't get it done.

We'd have to start with one of our own high end young MLB level players, probably Arcia or Santana, then part with Brinson and other top prospects, to even be in the running.

The talent of the forementioned Mets pitchers blows our Top 4 pitching prospects completely out of the water.

If Stearns offered all 4 pitchers for Noah Syndergaard alone, the offer would get rejected in a heartbeat.

That's absurd. What is this? Is this "National Try and Say Something More Ridiculous than the Previous Person Day"?

? No way those 4 could get Syndergaard. It's not even close.

I like our 4 pitchers but they aren't anywhere near this guy factoring in his years of control.

Not sure where to put this but Brewer Nation on Twitter says Kirk N is headed to Milwaukee.

Let the speculation begin!

Well they can't promote Phillips so it could just be because of that. Need to replace someone due to injury? Really want that lefty bat? Not sure what to think here. Waaaay too many possibilities.

(Keon Broxton also couldn't get called up)

I've advocated for making the big move for a quality arm but the time to make a big deal for this year was coming out of the All Star break. Every day that went by reduced any impact. Nobody can have enough impact in 2 months to make the price worthwhile. The tipping point was the start of this week heading into series with the Nats and Cubs. Now the moves to focus on are around the edges with rentals and using the talent in the system. Give Hader the darn ball. Hope Brinson is the real deal now, not 2 years from now. He just might be. Get Anderson back healthy and hope he's the same guy he was went he went down. Hope Thames has another hot streak. Keep Braun healthy.

All is not lost. Even if the Cubs take off, the wild card is still well within reach. Just win your share against them and beat up on the Reds, Cardinals and Bucs.

Not sure where to put this but Brewer Nation on Twitter says Kirk N is headed to Milwaukee.

Let the speculation begin!

Well they can't promote Phillips so it could just be because of that. Need to replace someone due to injury? Really want that lefty bat? Not sure what to think here. Waaaay too many possibilities.

I agree I have no idea what it means.

But we do know if the reports are to be believed that the price for Gray is Brinson, Phillips can't be called up to replace him, and to our knowledge no OF is hurt.

I will bet you dimes to donuts it is not true at all..I mean brewer nation on twitter?? What kind of a source is that?? Just trying to get people worked into a frenzy!

Good thing you would never get worked into a frenzy ;)

I will bet you dimes to donuts it is not true at all..I mean brewer nation on twitter?? What kind of a source is that?? Just trying to get people worked into a frenzy!

@brewernation is pretty solid but no one knows what this means.

He is a good dude. He wouldn't intentionally throw out false rumors.

Between this and the Granderson rumor something tells me Brett Phillips is being heavily shopped to other teams. They want a lefty bat, but not the top prospect one they have? Brett Phillips is not in the long or short term plans if you ask me.

We have a solid 5 hours or so to speculate like crazy again just to find out Braun is going on the DL. Haha

I do agree with Brewcrew in that there's probably nothing to this. Unless Brinson is headed to the DL and neither of Broxton or Phillips can be recalled this just makes absolutely no sense. Kirk hasn't even played well for Colorado Springs. There are enough guys on this team that can play the OF on this 25 and Brinson certainly isn't going to sit for Nieuwenhuis.

Dubon, Wren, DeJesus -- any of these guys would be much better candidates to fill the open 40 man slot.

We have a solid 5 hours or so to speculate like crazy again just to find out Braun is going on the DL. Haha

I do agree with Brewcrew in that there's probably nothing to this. Unless Brinson is headed to the DL and neither of Broxton or Phillips can be recalled this just makes absolutely no sense. Kirk hasn't even played well for Colorado Springs. There are enough guys on this team that can play the OF on this 25 and Brinson certainly isn't going to sit for Nieuwenhuis.

Dubon, Wren, DeJesus -- any of these guys would be much better candidates to fill the open 40 man slot.

Hell you could just put Hernan Perez out there, or Thames...they have OF options..I'm not buying this...at all.

The return of Kirk to help this team push into the playoffs!!
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

If Kirk is indeed in Milwaukee, my guess is the situation is this:

'Hey Kirk, why don't you take a few days off from hitting . 220 in Colorado Springs, we'll fly you first class to Milwaukee and put you up in a suite for the weekend. That way in case we do end up making a big trade and wind up needing an outfielder in a serious pinch, you'll already be right there, and you can hang around Miller Park for a few days and collect a big league salary for a few days under we get things settled and DFA you again. Cool?

My guess is that's the gist of it, explained in nicer terms to him.

'Hey Kirk, why don't you take a few days off from hitting . 220 in Colorado Springs, we'll fly you first class to Milwaukee and put you up in a suite for the weekend. That way in case we do end up making a big trade and wind up needing an outfielder in a serious pinch, you'll already be right there, and you can hang around Miller Park for a few days and collect a big league salary for a few days under we get things settled and DFA you again. Cool?

I agree this is the most likely scenario..but IF(and it's a big IF) this is true, then I'd believe it's because they feel they are close on something, or at least making serious progress on something. In other words, it wouldn't be "just in case" we get heavily involved in talks with someone.

sure.

nieuwenhuis is a stopgap guy that's not in the organization's plans after 2017. he's a guy that could be a placeholder until keon broxton or brett phillips spend at least 10 days optioned to the minors (or in broxton's case, less than 20 days as to not burn his sole remaining option).

there's a 40-man spot open for him. he's outrighted back to the minor leagues well before 31 august (and thus not eligible for the club's postseason roster), and the brewers can explore selecting the contract of another guy (i.e. kyle wren) that they won't have to option for more than 20 days (with september roster expansion looming), and not burn any options for that guy.

Yes. If the source is right, he is just there until Phillips or Broxton can be promoted.

Archived