Brewer Fanatic

2017-07-06: Brewers (Davies) at Cubs (Montgomery) 1:20 PM CDT [Brewers win, 11-2]

hawing
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cubs throw up the white flag in the 5th...

That's weird... What's the point of taking them out?

Rest. Harder to get hurt in the dugout.

Injury risk maybe, but how much rest are you getting? Once you go through a full game day warmup routine, batting practice, and then play 5 innings what's the difference to play the other 4....

[sarcasm]Weird. The Cubs had since May to get ready for this game.[/sarcasm]

The radio line of the game for me was from Jeff Levering, about one of Jon Jay's pitches:

"Folks, there are roads you can drive on faster than that." :laughing

Today's game will be a nice happy place to visit on downer days.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

[sarcasm]Weird. The Cubs had since May to get ready for this game.[/sarcasm]

The radio line of the game for me was from Jeff Levering, about one of Jon Jay's pitches:

"Folks, there are roads you can drive on faster than that." :laughing

Today's game will be a nice happy place to visit on downer days.

Lepay had a good line about Jay too: "He has a moment. The Brewers are having a day."

Great play by Broxton in center.

Another single run for Chicago. Getting at least one back this inning would make the game a bit more comfortable again.

Are you speaking of the play where Broxton ran into that damn brick wall again? That wall with the freaking ivy is a menace IMO.

Maddon is too much. After schwarbs 0-4 with 2 Ks, said he hit a foul ball hard. Schwarbs, Baez and Maddon. Hate those three.

What gets me is that when asked if they are looking at the standing yet, Maddon emphatically said they were not. I hate to break it to you Joe, even if you have confidence in your team, one should acknowledge where you are or where you want to be. I feel like the Brewers are the Rodney Dangerfield of the NL.

Archived