Brewer Fanatic

2017-07-06: Brewers (Davies) at Cubs (Montgomery) 1:20 PM CDT [Brewers win, 11-2]

hawing
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 runs is fun. But let's not assume this one is over. Still a ton of game left. Wind blowing out and a lot of power for Chicago.

Be really, really awesome if Davies can put up a quick, scoreless inning - whenever we stop hitting that is :)

Or do the exact opposite. Hits on 1-2, 0-2 and then drills Jay on 1-2 to load them up with no outs for the heart of the order. Ugh. Frustrating and certainly not what I was hoping for. Still so much time in this game here.

Sounds like the ump is dropping an f bomb every time he calls a strike

Nice to see I'm not the only one that has thought this.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Zach Davies seems to be fine overall when he gets through the first few innings unscathed. He has a 9 ERA in the first, a 6.35 ERA in the second. 2.97 ERA in innings 4-6. I know it's a small sample size and all, but he has yet to give up a run in the 4th inning.

This one is on me...

Great play by Broxton in center.

Another single run for Chicago. Getting at least one back this inning would make the game a bit more comfortable again.

Agreed. We're up 7 in the 5th inning, yet I feel very nervous with this one. Anyone else have that feeling??

Wonder why Davies has problems early in year. Guess that's better than late in year.

Strong conclusion when he has had one good second half in his brief career. Maybe he just isn't good and had one hot streak?

Another single run for Chicago. Getting at least one back this inning would make the game a bit more comfortable again.

Agreed. We're up 7 in the 5th inning, yet I feel very nervous with this one. Anyone else have that feeling??

Nope, this game has Josh Hader 3 inning save written all over it. I gave Larrivee's "Daggar" call when Braun went deep.

Nope, this game has Josh Hader 3 inning save written all over it. I gave Larrivee's "Daggar" call when Braun went deep.

Ha, well I hope you're right certainly.

Let's go Aguilar, just a sac fly here is fine.

Keep the pitchers coming …

This has been the most satisfying 5 innings of Brewers’ baseball I have experienced in a while. The 8 walks are awesome.

Needs to be said, kudos to both Aguilar and Villar. Both guys had an 0-2 count with less than 2 outs and a guy on 3rd and both got the job done. We have had problems there this season.

Archived