Brewer Fanatic

2017-07-06: Brewers (Davies) at Cubs (Montgomery) 1:20 PM CDT [Brewers win, 11-2]

hawing

Thoughts and prayers to the Cubs' weather sources today. :indifferent

BREWERS

2B Jonathan Villar (S)

RF Domingo Santana ®

LF Ryan Braun ®

1B Jesus Aguilar ®

3B Hernan Perez ®

C Manny Pina ®

CF Keon Broxton ®

SS Orlando Arcia ®

RHP Zach Davies ®

CUBS

CF Jon Jay (L)

3B Kris Bryant ®

1B Anthony Rizzo (L)

2B Ian Happ (S)

LF Kyle Schwarber (L)

C Willson Contreras ®

RF Jason Heyward (L)

SS Javier Baez ®

LHP Mike Montgomery (L)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Logically I know it's just one game, but this one just feels more important. Brewers are hot, chance to finish the first half strong and add to the division lead, and get revenge for the postponed sun-out game. Here's hoping we get good Zach Davies.
I am not Shea Vucinich

This is a statement game for both clubs.

I haven't been this excited for a single regular season game in a long while.

Come On Brewers!

Let's make the Cubs pay for their "imaginary rainout game" shananigans.

Logically I know it's just one game, but this one just feels more important. Brewers are hot, chance to finish the first half strong and add to the division lead, and get revenge for the postponed sun-out game. Here's hoping we get good Zach Davies.

I kind of agree. This feels like a boxing weigh in to me. One underdog fighter who people are starting to believe has a chance and the favorite who is starting to get a little annoyed of the pesty underdog. This is the hype fest before the fight (second half).

This game has a little September feel to it to me.

While it's only one game out of the 75 or so left, this is a big one as far as standings go. 2.5 games is a small lead - 4.5 starts to feel pretty big. With only the one game here, it's a real chance to create some space and maybe put some fear in the Cubs about catching us (if that's not there already that is).

To be fair, one more win on any day before the ASB guarantees we're in 1st place at the ASB, but I agree that this one does feel important.

Montgomery has good numbers but seems like he's had a little more trouble lately, and we're throwing all righties at him so hoping we can do some damage.

Go Crew!

Didn't think Braun got enough of that one. Just kept carrying - wind maybe helped it. And wow, Aguilar got unlucky there. Couple feet from a HR, also hit the one area with no ivy and came right back to him. Definitely could have been more than a 1b but good base running as he would have been dead at second.

Come on guys, let's put up a crooked number here!!

Side note:

How rare is a one-game series during the regular season in MLB?

I've been a Brewer fan for about 35 years and can't remember one.

Certainly feels more important then a full 3 game series.

Side note:

How rare is a one-game series during the regular season in MLB?

I've been a Brewer fan for about 35 years and can't remember one.

Certainly feels more important then a full 3 game series.

I seem to remember a few years ago the Brewers playing 1 game somewhere on a Monday to start a road trip. St. Louis maybe?

Zach Davies seems to be fine overall when he gets through the first few innings unscathed. He has a 9 ERA in the first, a 6.35 ERA in the second. 2.97 ERA in innings 4-6. I know it's a small sample size and all, but he has yet to give up a run in the 4th inning.

Community Moderator
It definitely is important. The Cubs appeared to be picking up some momentum in the last week and the Brewers are sending quite a message so far today.

The 1 game thing isn't common - double headers are more likely, but it happens. I'd say at least once a year throughout MLB, maybe more. That said, a lot has to happen - a rainout, a mutual off day (that can actually work logistically and from a union rules perspective)

We just get it a lot less since our home games have zero chance of being rained out.

Archived